Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 763779 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3570
Here is the last update of my sensing board.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8xn1gbx26oljw6/V1_3_Tested.3gp?dl=0
 New feature is added – to stop the heater with a delay, when changing plate has a contact. It will prevent switching on the heater from any event, which could happen, the time we exchange the cartridge. MCU pin On/Off is connected trough buffer and cannot direct rule the heater driver.
No need any more to connect the two plates together, they sense two different circuits and both works separately.
The sch. again is very simple, a few components were added only and the board dimensions remain the same.
I forgot to mention the connection way. It is here:

Reply #3572
With your last software I have a strange behaviour in my Unisolder station regarding room temperature. The room temperature reading changes like crazy between 22°-35°C. Then I reverted back to an older release (where no temp info in the Instrument Info display, only in the Calibration menu) then the reading was stable at 22°C. Did you change something here or do I have a problem with the sensor?

Did last version do any difference on the ROOM reading?

Reply #3577
I just ordered a thermocamera. :) Soon there will be thermal imagies with different MOSFETs.

Reply #3579
I will have FLIR One Pro

Reply #3580
Hi sparky,
in the new revision of the front pcb will be implemented sleep mode and cartridge change. At the moment there is drawback that the function of replacing cartridges does not work as in the original JBC.

Reply #3581
It will work in the older version of the PCB. Just make this things:
For "tip change" function:
1. MCU pin 54 (OLED D/C) must be connected to MCU pin 53 - this is how MCU detects new function
2. MCU pin 8 (NAP) must be connected to MCU pin 28 - this routes the SLEEP signal to one of the available ADC inputs
3. For HOLDER function nothing changes - the SLEEP input must be tied to ground.
4. For TIPCHANGE function the SLEEP input must be tied to ground through 3k resistor, or must be driven to around 1.65V

Reply #3583
It must be 3V, not 4V.

3V diodes arrived and I just replaced them. Measured voltage between ZD1 ZD2 5.5 and still detected as DCF. Any more suggestions.

Reply #3584
3V diodes arrived and I just replaced them. Measured voltage between ZD1 ZD2 5.5 and still detected as DCF. Any more suggestions.

What is the voltage on C12? Must be around 4.8-5V when nothing is connected to the controller.