Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 761923 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3555
The blue and yellow both connect to the same button and nothing connects to the middle button...

blue and yellow connect to S1, only power is taken from the S3 button, you can connect to S1 to S2.

Reply #3556
Blue and yellow are connected together on the back of the PCB. They are the same button!

Reply #3558
Here they are. This is at the front of of the front PCB.

Button is to B2 and 3.3V.  Sorry, my mistake. The button on the encoder is just plays like center button.

Reply #3559
Button is to B2 and 3.3V.  Sorry, my mistake.
Indeed, I did not see the typing error...
That's what happens if you actually think about what you're doing...  :-X

Reply #3560
vilkan35, please give me some details on controller's Q2 destruction, if any.

Yesterday I tried maybe 30-40 times hot plug-unplug without any result. I was not able to destroy Q2, and not able to heat it up to the point it destroys/melts/smokes, no matter what I do.

Reply #3561
vilkan35, please give me some details on controller's Q2 destruction, if any.

I have not had any incidents of combustion Q2. There was a case of failure U1 + Q1 on the sleep sensor board.

Reply #3564
As I remrmber correct He said "it burned my station", I will try to find.

You are confusing me with someone, I have nothing to do with that site. For 3 years I collected more than 50 sets of boards, there was not a single case.

Reply #3565
Hi Sparky,
about the setting being reset after firmware upgrade
It is not intentional. After you set these things, turn off the power in order for them to be saved in the EEPROM - they are saved while "POWER LOST" message is on the screen.

I did some firmware upgrades on my station today. 
I changed some settings, then powered off the station (to save them).
Then powered on the station and did a firmware update. This seems ok; settings are remembered.
Then I changed some settings again and NOT power off the station.
Now when I do a firmware upgrade, it reset (some?) values to default. T° settings, holder temp,...
Something seems to trigger resetting the saved values. Not sure yet what exactly.
Not a big issue really, I will do a firmware update next time right after powering on. I think that will work...

Reply #3566
correct scheme.

Reply #3567
You are confusing me with someone, I have nothing to do with that site. For 3 years I collected more than 50 sets of boards, there was not a single case.
I don't blame you and just mention that you pointed to that site with a link for the metal case.

Reply #3568
For everyone who wants to support the project.
Donations paypal:  unisolder5.2@gmail.com

Reply #3569
Hi Sparky,
about the setting being reset after firmware upgrade
I did some firmware upgrades on my station today. 
I changed some settings, then powered off the station (to save them).
Then powered on the station and did a firmware update. This seems ok; settings are remembered.
Then I changed some settings again and NOT power off the station.
Now when I do a firmware upgrade, it reset (some?) values to default. T° settings, holder temp,...
Something seems to trigger resetting the saved values. Not sure yet what exactly.
Not a big issue really, I will do a firmware update next time right after powering on. I think that will work...

I will take a look.