Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 739099 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3152

not connecting correctly, the colors of the wires are not the same as the original handle.

Handle 210 (copy china)
1 pin RED = EARTH
2 pin BLUE = +
5+6 pin GREEN = -

X

Reply #3153
I have attempted to characterise the response of the C245 thermocouple at the request of mooshoomatt.

Method:

T245 handle connected to unisolder with C245-768 cartridge was clamped in place
C245-937 cartridge was clamped in place so both tips are touching
A solder blob was added as a thermal bridge between the cartridges
Multimeter positive lead was connected to core connection of C245-937 cartridge
Multimeter negative lead was connected to outer shell connection of C245-937 cartridge
Power supply positive lead was connected to core connection of C245-937 cartridge
Power supply negative lead was connected to middle sleeve connection of C245-937 cartridge

Unisolder was turned on and set to test temperature
Power supply was turned on at 12V 5A briefly to heat soak C245-937 cartridge
Multimeter displayed value in mV was allowed to fall until it reached steady state
Value was recorded

Unisolder Temp (°C),   mV
150   2.49
170   2.85
188   3.18
200   3.33
220   3.68
240   4.04
260   4.38
280   4.74
300   5.09
320   5.47
350   5.99
380   6.51

I repeated first few temperature points with ~18 hour difference, multimeter readings all within within 0.06mV
Readings are quite linear but don't appear to match standard thermocouples
Needs to repeat with different cartridges to confirm

Questions / feedback welcome

Reply #3154
The iron now reaches a reasonable temperature.
But the temperature is jumping around like crazy.
Set to 320 it jumps from 313 up to 390 very rapidly.

Reply #3155
Hi guys. Haven't been there for a while....

I bought assembled board from Tindie and found out that they are flashed with some firmware I am not aware of. Namely, there's added items in the manu, namely:
1. "CTRL ORDER", with options R->L and L->R
2. "TEMP STEP"
3. "LOOP MENU" - ON or OFF
4. "RESUME" - AUTO, SENS, KEY, OFF
5. "DEBUG MENU"

Can anyone give me a clue where to download sources. I may be upload them in the first post as official firmware, but I need to take a look before doing this.

Reply #3157
Yes, that's it, but the sources from Tindie, where I bought it from, are the sources from the first pages of this thread.

There are so much forks on Github, that I cannot find the right one.

PS: Looked at all the forks of all the repos on GitHub - didn't find it. There's a fork where two of the functions are added (for the button swap and for the sensor filtering), but this is not the one that the controller came with.

Reply #3158
Hello sparkybg,

It's good to see you back around here again

I had a quick look and it might be this?

Allright, Iwanuska worked his magic once more :)

Here's the latest firmware version, let's call it the "Easter Edition". This one has an added menu for the "resume from deep sleep" option:

1) OFF: Resume from deep sleep by power cycle only
2) KEY: Resume from deep sleep by menu button long press only
3) AUTO: Resume from deep sleep by taking iron from stand only

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1q5LqtigQH5kIK-gbxfwhOodKX0396wtb

Reply #3159
Thanks but.... still no sources.

I've sent him a PM. Hope to answer.

Reply #3160
Thanks but.... still no sources.

Seller's response with Tindie.
Hello, firmware source forum, the author has not released the modified source code.

Reply #3162
found on github author "sadman" unisolder-firmware-master

https://github.com/sadman/unisolder-firmware/tree/master/US_Firmware.X

I don't think that's the one flashed to sparkybg's new board, for example no loop menu option

I still think it is firmware from doomedhab / iwanushka, but source is apparently in private gitlab

As I mentioned above, keeping dev stuff private from non dev people is safer, we don't want to burn your hardware or house, tested firmware will be uploaded to dropbox or something like that, I can give reported access to anyone who wants to test firmware and make new tickets for current issues/new features, also on gitlab we keep source  code only, which including built firmware after its tested will be available to public, ofcourse if you can compile firmware and are willing to test it let me know will add you to gitlab project.

Just have to wait and see if they reply to sparkybg's pm

Reply #3163
I still think it is firmware from doomedhab / iwanushka

I can be wrong, but I think the original source of the firmware github author "sadman".  Iwanushka made changes based on this firmware.

Reply #3164
By the way - stay tooned for "1/2 power" and eventually "1/4 power" version some time soon - lower voltage transformer will not be needed - it will be simulated by PWM.

I am testing 1/2 power now. Works like a charm on JBC C210 and Microtweezers - there are much smaller temperature peaks.

...and, I can confirm that Tindie assembled PCBs are OK. One interesting thing about them is that AD8628/AD8629 opams are used instead of microchip ones.