Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 738814 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3090
Yep, you can. Note, it is not checked yet, but if you want, I can design  a board for you to check it exactly where it is needed.
After that I can publish the design. Just tell me.
Also, if you wish,  you can try it first on the fly, without creating a new board.

I'll order the parts and test, it would be great if you could update the board :-)

Reply #3091
I'll order the parts and test, it would be great if you could update the board :-)
It is ready. I pm to you the link. If someone do not need noise protection part of the board, he needs to populate only 1 resistor and the fet tr. by channel - all the rest is the same. V1.2 differs from the old one only by rotated J3 connector (180 deg.), but it is marked properly.

Reply #3092
which is the current current scheme for the solder Unisolder 5.2 or 5.x   ? ? ?
and whether there is a Kicad tool  ? ? ?

thanks

Reply #3093
Since i got an JBC NT105A Nano for free and since JBCs Nano tools seem to be supported in new firmwares i wanted to ask if someone could share the wiring for the NT105A?
Sorry for this (maybe) ignorant question... but the only information i've found is the 2k resistor needed between (i guess) Vout1- and ID. I would assume the green wire should be connected to EARTH and SENSEB. But where to connect the blue and red wire (heater positive and negative)? And isn't there any resistor needed between Vout2- and ID?

Thanks in advance...

Reply #3094
Okay... i read a lot of old postings in this thread. And after finding a posting from 2017 i do now understand how the hex number in the iron.c is related to the resID.xlsx and therefore to the resistor values between Vout1-/Vout2- and ID.
"JBC NT105-A" is described as 0x1616 - so that means a 2k resistor is needed on both: ID->Vout1- and ID->Vout2-.

Since the thermocoupling for the C105/C115 cartridges seems to be similar to the C210 cartridges i would assume the following connections should be right:
• green -> EARTH and SENSEB
• blue -> Vout1-
• red -> Vout1+ and SENSEA
• 2k between ID and Vout1-
• 2k between ID and Vout2-

Any objections? Any suggestions? Should it work with my otherwise unmodified Unisolder?

Reply #3095
Hi,

@Morpheus1979 :
For free? not bad. where can I get one for free? 😁
Wiring looks right on first sight.

Reply #3096
For free? not bad. where can I get one for free? 😁
You have to work for a company that uses JBC equipment and replaces no longer used and not needed tools from time to time... and then you have to be there at the right moment 😁.

Reply #3097
in fact, not everything is as simple as you write, because to connect the 105 series and, by the way, like any other that you come up with, you also need to have at least broken software from the microchip, or buy yourself the whole package and even elementary concepts in writing software or a profile for  this soldering iron, a couple of spare tips for experiments, the programmer if the hand suddenly trembles and an endless amount of time and desire to invent something

Reply #3098
I have the utmost respect for everyone investing their time and money to develop this project any further. I've donated to "Ivanushka" to show my gratitude after he picked up the firmware development and i'm deeply thankful for the work of "minkok", "afedorov", "Doomedahab" and others keeping this thread alive, helping others and improving the hard- and software of sparkys original project. And (last but not least) i'm thankful for your work analysing the original hardware and even do a lot of trial and error to create working unisolder profiles for some of the best soldering irons on the market.

My knowledge is limited, but i understand it's not a simple task to develop a working soldering iron profile for which the cartridge won't be damaged and the iron behaves similar to its behaviour on original hardware.
Since your profile for the NT105-A was incorporated into the latest firmware i just wanted to know how to use it properly without damaging the iron or my station because of wrong wiring on my part.

Reply #3100
hi guys have a question, the 120th soldering iron stopped working, although the 115 series is connected in the same way and works perfectly, maybe someone has met this, the current does not change at the calibration point and the soldering iron itself is not detected, although in the calibration it is clear that it was detected normally.

the issue with 210 soldering iron reshon by moving the department describing the part of exactly 210 soldering iron to iron.c a few positions higher, that is, all the soldering irons are indicated there in turn and I just changed their sequence and like a miracle 210 would come to life but ..... stopped working 245  and tweezers 120, who may have come across this or have some thoughts on this matter, I will be happy to discuss it, and this is 1000 percent software problem because everything has already been rechecked

Reply #3102
yes, Ivanushka hasn’t been with us for a long time and the history of software development begins to fade away and go into oblivion, but we do what anyone can, for example, I finished off my suffering and I can say for sure that a large number of well, let's just say the number of soldering irons that is indicated and should work for me didn't start and I had to throw out half and leave only those that are used in my station, if someone has a terrible desire to repeat my sufferings, I will post here my truncated or, more precisely, a corrected file with all my soldering irons, but those who wish to check can easily build such a one with a great desire firmware and check at their stations

Reply #3103
@talkos
Thanks for the clarification. I think i understand now the whole subject.  I didn't know there were such big issues with bugs in the firmware...

I will post here my truncated or, more precisely, a corrected file with all my soldering irons
Which soldering irons do you use / are supported by the firmware?
Maybe i'll have to take a look into how to build the firmware from source to compile my own version which includes only my 3 irons (but no others). That's something i am afraid of - cause i'm too old for this shit  :o ...

There is progress?
There was. And i was happy to see some development years after this project started. Too bad it came to a halt. But it was good to see some improvements.