Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 738839 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #3045
how do you translate this page
You will have a hard time to order there anyway, you need a 3rd Party wich buys the items on taobao and then sends them to you.
I used superbuy.com for this.

You can just enter the taobao link in the big searchfield and it translates the page for you.

The T210 handle you posted was not available, do you have another cheap alternative @vulkan35 ?
I couldn't find any.

Reply #3046
I was looking into adding in a AC slow start circuit such as this one
What primary voltage and power rating of your transformer? Using NTC here is tricky since load on the transformer varies a lot.
Soft start circuitry usually not required for such relatively low power appliance.

Reply #3047
What primary voltage and power rating of your transformer? Using NTC here is tricky since load on the transformer varies a lot.
Soft start circuitry usually not required for such relatively low power appliance.

Running 110VAC with a 160VA transformer. I know that the average power used is low however NTC itself will heatup and will have a thermal recovery time when turning off the device. This is where the AC Soft Starter relay circuit would help here since I could configure capacitor discharge rate. Also on a plus side I would be able to use the Unisolder to assemble such a circuit 🙂

Reply #3048
3A fuse for 160VA 110V transformer seems adequate. SC current of it will be about 15-20A anyway. For overload protection thermal fuse is a better choice.
In my build I characterized chosen transformer using this article, and also measured inrush current and then calculated I2t value for fusing using this video.

Reply #3050
It is posible some time used 2  x Iron
Like 1 x C245 and secund iron C210

Like need dual chanel haven

Thanks

Reply #3051
whether there is a possibility of using two irons at the same time

1  x C245  and 1 x C210

Reply #3052

1  x C245  and 1 x C210

Yes that appears to be possible

The controller is made to control single instrument with one or two heaters. The heaters can be different (iron profile in the firmware has separate part for each heater), but they are always driven with the same temperature and in the same time.

However I can only see 1 variable for max power in iron.c so your profile will likely be either very overpowered for C210 or very underpowered for C245

Reply #3054

1  x C245  and 1 x C210
@Iwanushka wrote, he was able to start C245&210 together with C210 profile, but if your power supply supports the current. May be, he just mix the profile.

Reply #3058

1  x C245  and 1 x C210
What about stand sensing feature, you will loose it ( to sense only one pen is uncomfortable )

Reply #3059
Excellent solution with sides poly carbonate. Can you please make a picture of inside part of the case, boards and transformer placement.

Thanks! I'm still debating between acrylic and polycarbonate. Haven't decided which one is better and both machines about the same.

I have also attached additional photos to the prusaprints link with the top and side panel off. I can take more if I disassemble to add more features or update something (thinking of machining a small screen protector out of 1/16in polycarbonate that compresses the foam tape backing). I have also included the full step file that you can see rendered that contains all of the parts minus the wiring. Do you happen to know if the 3d models for the pcbs shown in the first post are available? Would love to use those in my models.