Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 717882 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2985
Hi guys,

i have just finished soldering this great project, and I think I programmed it properly. I have a little problem with it. It does not turn on by itself unless I press and hold one of the three buttons while turning it on. What could be the problem? Thanks for the help!

Reply #2986
Hi guys,

i have just finished soldering this great project, and I think I programmed it properly. I have a little problem with it. It does not turn on by itself unless I press and hold one of the three buttons while turning it on. What could be the problem? Thanks for the help!

i am trying to reflash the ic, but i get this error message: "Unable to connect to the target device.
Failed to get Device ID" What could be the problem?

Reply #2987
i am trying to reflash the ic, but i get this error message: "Unable to connect to the target device.
Failed to get Device ID" What could be the problem?
Hi Blzs21, check the power connections 3.3V from schematics for pic32, R11 if it is  not cracked and related pins of pic32 for a good soldering, do the same with prog. pins of pic32 to prog. connector.
check 8Mhz crystal and its caps C55, 56 - you will need them after successfully programmed pic32 and follow the already explained method fot the programming of mcu here or from internet.
Do not connect the two power sources 3.3V ( use one only-from programmer or from the board) the time of programming.

Reply #2988
Hi Blzs21, check the power connections 3.3V from schematics for pic32, R11 if it is  not cracked and related pins of pic32 for a good soldering, do the same with prog. pins of pic32 to prog. connector.
check 8Mhz crystal and its caps C55, 56 - you will need them after successfully programmed pic32 and follow the already explained method fot the programming of mcu here or from internet.
Do not connect the two power sources 3.3V ( use one only-from programmer or from the board) the time of programming.

Hi, I checked what was described. Everything seems fine, but reflashing doesn't work. :(  ("Unable to connect to the target device.
Failed to get Device ID").

I have another bigger problem:
If "J4 CNTR" is connected, the station will not turn on first. I tried disconnected J4 CNTR, turned on the station, then connected the J4 CNTR cable, and the station started. I tried only "Vin" pin in J4 CNTRL connected, and the same problem arises that I wrote above. What could be the problem?

Reply #2989
Hi, I checked what was described. Everything seems fine, but reflashing doesn't work. :(  ("Unable to connect to the target device.
Failed to get Device ID").

I have another bigger problem:
If "J4 CNTR" is connected, the station will not turn on first. I tried disconnected J4 CNTR, turned on the station, then connected the J4 CNTR cable, and the station started. I tried only "Vin" pin in J4 CNTRL connected, and the same problem arises that I wrote above. What could be the problem?
Do you have 3.3V and -0.6V at front board J9 (PWR) connector?

Reply #2991
Yes, i measure 3,286V and -0,673V.
If you think, you have problem with J4 connector, just dont connect the time of programming. You need to be sure that controller is working first and after to find out the rest problems. If you cannot connect programmer  to the controller, you have bad soldering somewhere or bad controller.

Reply #2992

For that you could check ZD4 and its circuit up to pin14 of the controller

Reply #2993
Hello! The theme is very much grown, and it is difficult to navigate, just if this question has already been asked.

At the moment, is there any support for weller WMRP and jbc nt 115?

thx!

Reply #2994
Hello! The theme is very much grown, and it is difficult to navigate, just if this question has already been asked.

At the moment, is there any support for weller WMRP and jbc nt 115?

thx!
for weller WMRP there is not ready profile, but if you are skilled you can do it by yourself, for a NT115 if you use 12V source you can read here: http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/index.php?topic=7218.msg70408#msg70408

Reply #2995
For that you could check ZD4 and its circuit up to pin14 of the controller

I solved the boot problem. All that remained was a reflash error. I am trying to replace the PIC IC.

Reply #2996
Hi. Has anyone encountered such a problem, the controller works fine with a 12 / 24V DC power supply and a 24V AC toroidal transformer. Does not work, if you connect a 12V AC transformer, the controller goes into a cyclic reset.

Reply #2997
Hi. Has anyone encountered such a problem, the controller works fine with a 12 / 24V DC power supply and a 24V AC toroidal transformer. Does not work, if you connect a 12V AC transformer, the controller goes into a cyclic reset.
I expect to be Vacdc , try to decrease R47 at a halve ( put another 27k over it) or increase R51 to 2k , But only in 12V AC mode, We cannot predict the behavior of firmware if it comes in double Vacdc ( around 1.7V) in 24V AC mode.
In simple words use that add on if works only in 12V AC supply and remove it for 24V ac supply

Reply #2998
We cannot predict the behavior of firmware

I suspect the faulty pic32, interesting identical behavior on two boards.
I checked the boards on two transformers, but to be sure I will check on another 12v transformer.

Reply #2999
I suspect the faulty pic32, interesting identical behavior on two boards.
Very unlikely the 2 boards to have the same problem, seems pic32 is ok. Can someone confirm the same behavior for 12V AC supply? Can you Please check if R43, 46, 47, 51 corresponds to their values?