Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 714170 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2925
CMOS inputs are quite sensitive and pull-up is very weak. Reacting on hand touch is rather expected. Heat may affect thresholds of the gate itself.

Reply #2926
It's not a high speed circuit, so decoupling is not that important here. The problem may be intermittent and reside somewhere else.
that's correct

Reply #2927
It's not a high speed circuit, so decoupling is not that important here.
yes, but noisy environment is, you can try decoupling with 1 to 10uF in parallel 10nF, try to change 4001 or replace it with other manufacturer

Reply #2928
Their cost is about 2/3rd of Elecrow so I would like to order there. But I guess adapting your files is not trivial.
To me for a boards over 100x100mm or 120x120 mm, can't remember,was completely opposite, they saved me 20usd

Reply #2930
yes, but noisy environment is
Sure, decoupling would never hurt.
RS274X loads OK , but solder mask problem still persist (on both layers). Since it's affecting only one footprint, the issue is with this particular footprint.

Reply #2931
RS274X loads OK , but solder mask problem still persist (on both layers). Since it's affecting only one footprint, the issue is with this particular footprint.
Thank you for the clarifying, that's some package bug. now is fixed

Reply #2932
Thanks Minkok! How would this neatly connect to the Unisolder board? Just double wires from the 6P6C connector to the appropriate jumper, except for Jumper 3, where only one needs to be connected at any one time due to firmware limitations?

Reply #2933
Thanks Minkok! How would this neatly connect to the Unisolder board? Just double wires from the 6P6C connector to the appropriate jumper, except for Jumper 3, where only one needs to be connected at any one time due to firmware limitations?
Connections are the same way as DinikS board:
J2 and J4 are in parallel - you need to choose which one to use for the the touch plates connections, the other use as a jumper to short the two plates
J3 use only first pin "Sleep"
All the pin names are marked on the silk (top or bottom )

Reply #2934
Connections are the same way as DinikS board:
J2 and J4 are in parallel - you need to choose which one to use for the the touch plates connections, the other use as a jumper to short the two plates
J3 use only first pin "Sleep"
All the pin names are marked on the silk (top or bottom )

Thanks, I see it now, elegant solution with J2 and J4

Reply #2935
By the way, this holder is quite nice, but I really dislike sponges, and especially the tiny sponge supplied with this holder. Unfortunately, the compartment is too shallow to just use brass pad.

I solved this by dremelling out the bottom of the compartment. This makes a nice cavity to put your brass cleaning pad in. Of course it's important to prevent solder particle to enter the area where the touch sensor is, so I glued in a piece of bakkelite to create a dust proof barrier. See pics.

Reply #2936
you can try decoupling with 1 to 10uF in parallel 10nF, try to change 4001 or replace it with other manufacturer
Doomedahab, if that does not help, try DinikS solution - adding Schottky diode in series to 200k, to  inputs

Reply #2937
Doomedahab, if that does not help, try DinikS solution - adding Schottky diode in series to 200k, to  inputs

Probably need something lower voltage than an SS31 or SS34?

Reply #2938
Probably need something lower voltage than an SS31 or SS34?
You can use 1N4148, even for 410k ( in your case 2 in parallel 820k, may be you don't have smaller resistor) still will be ok, I recommend 200k in series to ins

Reply #2939
You can use 1N4148, even for 410k ( in your case 2 in parallel 820k, may be you don't have smaller resistor) still will be ok, I recommend 200k in series to ins

Thanks for the schottky recommendation.

I did have 2x 820K in parallel, but today I received some 200k resistors so now I have one 200k resistor in place with a single wire to the sensor.

The sensor behaves like it should normally, but now and again it suddenly responds to my hand again. The voltage between the tip and the holder is between 1,48V and 1,62V. This seems on the low side?