Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 693990 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2640
I just noticed this other weird thing.
When I use 12 DC supply voltage, the voltage at C7/pin7 (VIN) of LM2675M is like Vin (12V).
But when I use AC 26V supply, Vin is ~24 (measured at the fuse) but C7/pin7 (VIN) of LM2675M has 36V so not at all like Vin, not sure if that is supposed to happen either :D. Oh well.

This looks good. On 24V AC it's also OK.
But ZD1 + ZD2 seems too low. It should be ~5.6V and across C12 should be around 5V.
I don't know exactly how Vin is measured and triggered while on AC. Looking at the code a pretty much complex stuff is happening.
Ehm wenn i said ZD1 and ZD2 I actually meant like the difference between the ends of each Diode.
So measured after both of them it is actually 7.3V for DC and NEVER mind, when I tried to measure it with AC just now it made a sound like it shorted or sth burned through and now I got 22V on after ZD1 compared to ground and the screen stopped showing power lost and stayed stable in the menu, but then I rather turned the power off lol. Already ordered some new Zenner Diodes for 3V. Gonna try again once those are in ;) not sure what all can break if I use it like this.
Also my voltage drop between AC and DC side is now only 0.7 V O.O not sure what died there, I lost more like 2V before.

Reply #2641
I just noticed this other weird thing.
Rectified and filtered DC voltage is sqrt(2) times greater than effective AC voltage.
You must be shorted left (schematic) side of R10 to anode of ZD1. Probably ZD2 is open circuit now (but zeners usually fails shorted). Anyway, 7.3V on both in series was to high.

Reply #2642
Got new Zener Diodes in for ZD1 ZD2 ZD4 and now with AC everything seems normal on the display no error codes or power lost.

When I go calibration I can't adjust the trimmer so R goes 1000, only get down to 1054. :/
I read somewhere that I need to replace R57 and R59 then? But do I need to increase their values or decrease?
Or could I just replace Rc2 with a higher value one? Also does this mean something is abnormal with my resistances along the way? :(

Reply #2643
I replaced R57 and R59 with 1.8k 0.1% that I had over from the LM2675M-ADJ, and could get R to display 1000 with that (using 10 Ohm 0.1% Resistor for calibration). I hope that is okay to do.

Reply #2644
Got one more question now when connecting my JBC T245
the post says:
3. JBC C245:
 - Outer shell (green wire) connected to EARTH and SENSEB

does this mean i should wire it up to my MAIN EARTH like on the AC 240V input ?

Reply #2646
So everything seems to work now :)
When I measure then temperature at the tip I get 197 when controller is set to 200.

So happy the basic functionality is working now.
Now I only got to figure out where to get a solder stand that fits and add sleep function to it!
Saw some one modify some cheap Chinese stand in here. Guess I gonna try that.

Thank you to everyone that helped me, especially to afedorov since you guided me through most of my problems :)

Reply #2647
Nice to see it's working at last.

Reply #2648
When I measure then temperature at the tip I get 197 when controller is set to 200.
You can fine align the difference by rotating the same RC2, but this time with connected tool instead of resistor.
And it is better to be aligned at the working temp. - around 300 C' or by tin at it's melting point ( already discussed here )

Reply #2649
You can fine align the difference by rotating the same RC2, but this time with connected tool instead of resistor.
And it is better to be aligned at the working temp. - around 300 C' or by tin at it's melting point ( already discussed here )
Yeah I measured with some lead solder that is why I used 200°C (melts at about 188 I think) but after posting already, I did again and it actually showed 200°C at the tempsensor at 200°C on controller :) so I think it is already pretty close. Thanks for this info through, maybe I will need it in the future.

Don't really have tin so yeah idk, and since I mostly lead solder I only use like 210°C :)

Currently trying to figure out what the difference between Sleep and Holder is in settings, and how it detects that from circuit :)
I mean sleep is just connecting SLEEP to GND apparently but idk what the difference is for Holder

Reply #2651
Hello, I ask for help in converting project files to a bin or hex file for uploading to the processor using usb or via pickit, meaning that I already created or changed corrected the profiles of soldering irons for myself, but in mplab I constantly get some errors in which I am not strong,  This is a compilation error for the whole project and does not affect changes in the file of profiles of soldering irons.  maybe someone will make a video how to do it right

Reply #2652
I constantly get some errors in which I am not strong,
To build this project properly you need the paid version of XC32 compiler (with optimization). Although, there a some alternatives to get this without paying Microchip that can be found by googling.

Reply #2653
To build this project properly you need the paid version of XC32 compiler (with optimization). Although, there a some alternatives to get this without paying Microchip that can be found by googling.
I got the pro version for 60 days of the compiler but it still doesn’t work out, if someone can make a video how to do it correctly, then it will be very good

Reply #2654
Sorry, I forgot that pic32 legacy peripheral libraries is also required.
https://www.microchip.com/SWLibraryWeb/product.aspx?product=PIC32 Peripheral Library.
It should be installed after the compiler. Then you have to specify paths to it as modern IDE doesn't pick it up automatically.
Open project settings, choose configuration (with bootloader/no bootloader), then in XC32 (Global options) add legacy include directory to the common include dirs option. It should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.40\pic32mx\include.
Next, in xc32-ld options (under XC32 global options) choose Libraries option category and add lib directory to Library directories. Something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Microchip\xc32\v1.40\pic32mx\lib.
Try to build.
Maybe on a 32-bit system it doesn't required to specify path manually.
I don't have PRO version, but I managed to get successful build (no optimization) on the latest XC32 compiler.