Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 717618 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #2475
[quote author="barumelec"]Barum Electronics Co., LTD had been established in 2013, ...[/quote]

and what does it have in common with the production of a hat?

Reply #2476
deleted

Reply #2477
I still think that the version 1 is really convenient, using the T12 tips: cheap, fast, powerful. It can be grounded and the standby feature can be easily done without any sensor:

https://youtu.be/71eUFuugHyw

Reply #2478
[quote author="gugol"]I still think that the version 1 is really convenient, using the T12 tips: cheap, fast, powerful.[/quote]
T12 is good, but C245 is more capable and C210 gives more precision.
Recently tried C210031 and it's an amazing tool, can perform almost as C245945 but allows working in a very tight spots.

Reply #2479
I also like the fact one can use tweezers. Not that I have a set yet, but still :-)

Reply #2480
I am currently building a Unisolder board so far it boots and recognises my iron but in the calibration menu r shows as 0 always, and if i connect my iron the tip heats up but there is no control and the board shows room temp for the iron temp any ideas?

Reply #2481
[quote author="JoshBinnie"]I am currently building a Unisolder board so far it boots and recognises my iron but in the calibration menu r shows as 0 always, and if i connect my iron the tip heats up but there is no control and the board shows room temp for the iron temp any ideas?[/quote]
Sorry for not answering for a long time, but that problem is a one of most discussed here. You need to check old posts starting with  joey120373 at page 166-167.

Reply #2482
Hello, everyone
after a lot of hard work I finally finished my project on Unisolder station and desoldering pump. I applied a few pictures to show my project.
I thank the people who develop it and Sparky who created it. Works wonderfully.

Reply #2483
Hi everybody,

I use an optical sensor for the holder. When SLEEP=OFF, the iron goes to the set HOLDER TEMP. But if I activate SLEEP, the HOLDER TEMP is ignored, and the iron goes to SLEEP temp as soon as I put it in the stand. Is this normal behavior? The iron goes to STANDBY without issue.

Reply #2484
[quote author="milen"]Hello, everyone
after a lot of hard work I finally finished my project on Unisolder station and desoldering pump. I applied a few pictures to show my project.
I thank the people who develop it and Sparky who created it. Works wonderfully.[/quote]
Hello milen, for first time you mentioned about that, I thought. you are going to rebuild the unisolder, now I know what you mean.
Good add on to your lab.
Very good job and precise work.
About smoke absorber, you should add some carbon filter, or you may be have it somewhere behind.

Reply #2485
[quote author="Doomedahab"]Hi everybody,

I use an optical sensor for the holder. When SLEEP=OFF, the iron goes to the set HOLDER TEMP. But if I activate SLEEP, the HOLDER TEMP is ignored, and the iron goes to SLEEP temp as soon as I put it in the stand. Is this normal behavior? The iron goes to STANDBY without issue.[/quote]
Hello Doomedahab, my first try with sensing circuit was with the same confuse. You can read for it on the page 93.
In the menu you have sleep time - it is a delay for its activation. If you increase it then you can see the difference.

Reply #2486
[quote author="minkok"][quote author="Doomedahab"]Hi everybody,

I use an optical sensor for the holder. When SLEEP=OFF, the iron goes to the set HOLDER TEMP. But if I activate SLEEP, the HOLDER TEMP is ignored, and the iron goes to SLEEP temp as soon as I put it in the stand. Is this normal behavior? The iron goes to STANDBY without issue.[/quote]
Hello Doomedahab, my first try with sensing circuit was with the same confuse. You can read for it on the page 93.
In the menu you have sleep time - it is a delay for its activation. If you increase it then you can see the difference.[/quote]

Ah, so the delay in the menu is in SECONDS, not MINUTES? I will try tonight, it would explain the behaviour I am seeing because I only tried 1 and 2 seconds delay because I thought the delay from HOLDER TEMP to SLEEP was in minutes, just like the standby time.

Edited to add: It works as expected now, thanks Minkok! This has been bugging me for months :)

Reply #2487
Hello everyone...

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks!

Reply #2488
[quote author="lovethesmellofrosin"]Hello everyone...

I've been watching this forum for a while, as I geared up to start my build. Does anyone have any info regarding PCBs that are currently available? The eBay link that I've found no longer has them "in stock", but I'm not sure if that means they will no longer have any at all, or it's just for the time being. I've sent a message to ask, and am awaiting the reply. In case the seller will no longer have any to sell, does anyone know a good option, other than having them fabbed myself?

Thanks![/quote]

I have a set available if you want it and if you live in the EU. PM me if interested.

Reply #2489
If you try really hard, unisolder can fit in a Hakko 936 enclosure.

Some of the plastic standoffs need to be cut away, there's no room for an IEC connector, and some of the big capacitors need to be moved out of the way, but this set up works really well!