Skip to main content
Topic: FT2232H Breakout Board as JTAG adapter (Read 1987 times) previous topic - next topic

FT2232H Breakout Board as JTAG adapter

Hi there!

While trying to buy the FT2232H MiniMod, I apparently bought your FT2232H Breakout Module. And after reading a bit, I found out you've got the Bus Blaster which kicks ass. So yeah, I messed it up. Yup.

The things it that I'm trying to figure out how to use it as JTAG adapter: reading the FT2232H I found that the pins to be used are ADBUS0-4 (TCK, TDI, TDO and TMS), but I'm not sure about the best configuration for OpenOCD. I'm using your Bus Blaster .cfg file as reference, but I'm not sure about it:

Code: [Select]
interface ftdi
ftdi_device_desc "Dual RS232-HS"
ftdi_vid_pid 0x???? 0x????
ftdi_layout_init 0x???? 0x????

I guess VID will be 0x0403, but I'm not sure about PID. Also, I do not know if ftdi_layout_init is the same. I'd really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks in advance!

Re: FT2232H Breakout Board as JTAG adapter

Reply #1
Recently got an FT2232H to work with OpenOCD, using this config file that I hacked from a sample found on the web:

Code: [Select]
interface ft2232
ft2232_layout usbjtag
ft2232_vid_pid 0x0403 0x6010
adapter_khz 10
jtag newtap auto0 tap -expected-id 0x59604093 -irlen 8
The last line was added at OpenOCD's suggestion, and is specific to the XC9572XL CPLD.

Works fine for reading device id, erasing, blank checking. For programming, it reported an error part way down the SVF file; powering the device off revealed that the (very simple) program had been loaded OK. Tried it with a more complex example and it failed to load properly.  So, mostly right but still something not!  Maybe someone else has done it and will answer?