Skip to main content
Topic: SMT700 New vision based SMT machine from SMALLSMT (Read 74078 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: SMT700 New vision based SMT machine from SMALLSMT

Reply #30
Looks really good. When your ready to ship, please provide specifics on ordering.

You can place your order on our website soon www.smallsmt.com.
We will also sell on Ebay.

Regards
Michael

Reply #31
Any update? I clicked on the link above and it displays a single page with no input fields or links. This looks like a really nice machine, and I'm wondering how the prototype is coming along.

Reply #32
Hi John,

we are delayed because we need to change the manufacturer of the mechanics.
But we hope to release in the first quater of 2015.

Best regards
Michael

Reply #33
Lob & Anerkennung, das Teil macht einen sehr guten Eindruck.
:-)

Wie bereits am Telefon gesagt:
Halte mich auf dem Laufenden, ich werde 100% eine "Komplettausstattung" ordern, sobald das Gerät verfügbar ist.... versprochen !

Mal so nebenbei bemerkt: Der Siebdrucker macht auch einen guten Eindruck....wird eine Kombi-Order werden.

Alles Gute und "Weiter so !"

....ein lieber Gruß
Jan

Reply #34
Vielen Dank für das Lob wir werden unser Bestes geben :)

Reply #35
I was wondering if you had any updates? Are we still planning on the first quarter of 2015?

Also, I believe you said this would come with
3 feeder cassettes

Is this saying initially I could place 3 different parts or 30? (I'm hoping it's 30) :)

Thanks in Advance,

-J

Reply #36
[quote author="spoolofwire"]I was wondering if you had any updates? Are we still planning on the first quarter of 2015?

Also, I believe you said this would come with
3 feeder cassettes

Is this saying initially I could place 3 different parts or 30? (I'm hoping it's 30) :)

Thanks in Advance,

-J[/quote]

Hi we are still developing a 60 feeder line version but you can buy in different variants.

We release a first machine with dual head, vision and 33 feeder lines in January!

Best regards
Michael

Reply #37
First of all we are releasing our new SMT500D in January.
It's a Chinese machine having two pick and place heads and pneumatic push feeders.
The machine has 20x 8mm feeder lines and 13 mixed lines or additional 16x 8mm feeder lines.

The construction for a new machine "made in Germany goes on" we have a new design called SMT600 because a big 700x700mm machine is to expensive to build in Germany.
Our machine has up to 60 exchangeable feeder line in 6 groups having 10x 8mm feeder lines.

My first question is I want to use expensive Faulhaber Swiss linear servos for the head design wich have the best performance and dynamics.
http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xZSWEAdK07I
(c) www.faulhaber.com

Do you think this money should be spend?
I like to do a high precision reliable design not too cheap like our Chinese competitors.

The costs for one pick and place head are 580€ But we get a Z axis position information and all error checks possible if the head touches the pcb too hard maybe.
We use Samsung CP45 nozzles and try to build a nozzle changer for it.
(c) www.smtparts.com
It is possible to use 2 heads and servo drives for x and y axis.

The machine price will be above 6500€ please give me your opinion about my design ideas.

Best regards
Michael

Reply #38
I might be in the minority of people interested in your machine - I'm someone who's looking for something not too expensive.

I'd like something reliable that works well and obviously needs vision. I have a project that has over 50 pieces so I'd need something that could handle more tape and reels than what the competition does.

That being said I'm also an engineer and understand that people want something that can do everything and sometimes a single product can't do everything so take my opinion with the understand that I might want something that's impossible.

What would work for me would be something that I can buy (on a budget if it's going to cost ~6,500 euros that's a lot to spend) but what if it could be designed with the consideration for upgrading it later on? (again I understand that this might be asking way to much)

but could the product be built with a cheaper head and servos and then later on after I get the basic "shell" of the machine could I get upgraded parts - or get a kit from you that would have the better servos and head and such?

That way you'd still get the same amount of money out of me the customer but rather over time as my budget could allow. maybe I'd find out that yes I need something that could be more precise (like the servos you mentioned) or maybe I'd need that better head that samsung makes?

but could it be an up-gradable path? I understand that this makes it a lot more complicated to design different parts into the system - and perhaps that difficulty is impossible for you to achieve at this time. but for someone like myself where spending 6,500 USD (which I think is the price you quoted initially) but now it's changing to 6,500 Euros - that's a pretty big increase. and I don't know if I could swallow that entire amount at once. over time if the product worked well and it was saving me money from hand building than yes, I'd like to move that route and upgrade to better parts.

However, I know I'm more of the minority and rather than getting a setup just for prototypes I'd rather have a system for a long term production of a small product I'd build and sell in my basement. After reading the news about how Sony Pictures database was stolen and things posted online I'm a bit concerned about sending my entire design files to a board house somewhere and wonder about how secure that design would be kept. I'd rather not have them get hacked and suddenly cheap knock offs are coming from a different part of the world after I've spend a lot of time and resources developing my own product.

Also, if I understand your post correctly the SMT500D is a new design that will be for sale in Jan 2015. Is this product different from the original product you started talking about (SMT700) I'm assuming yes but just wanting to clarify.

I also thought the SMT700 was going to come with initial feeders but we could buy additions feeders if we needed them. So is this SMT500D following that same idea? what's the max number of feeders it could support and what will it initially come with?

Is the SMT600 going to replace the SMT700? so I should forget the SMT700 at this time? and does the SMT600 follow the same design as the SMT700 other than it's smaller?

Also, you mentioned the SMT600 as a 600mm x 600mm is this the size area that the entire machine takes up on a table or workbench? or is this the size of the area that it can place component? (so it could support stuffing a board that was up to 600mm x 600mm?

sorry if these questions seem a bit simple but I'm just trying to clarify.

thanks for your time,

-J

Reply #39
Thank you for your long explanation.

The price I mentioned is for a 60 feeder line complete equipped machine meeting CE and EU machine directive and is made in Germany.
The SMT600 is an manufacturing improved design of SMT700 and will have all the features of SMT700 only a different design.
I think about the upgrade parts if it is possible to do.
We will have a range of different equipped machines for lower prices.
But First of all the performance of the high end system must be defined and I asked for the head servos because they are so expensive.
I give you an example: All of the Chinese machines use light sensors for the limit switches (having problems with stray light and changing light conditions).
But the reference need to be measured very accurate because every position on the machine depends on this. You will get feeder errors or misalignment if there are differences in your reference position.
I use expensive swiss limit switches to get a reference position error between +/- 0.01mm.

The pricing for SMT600 isn't fixed depends on configuration and performance!

The SMT500D is at a price of 6800USD for a double head machine having
- 300x250mm board size
- double head
- The machine has 19x 8mm feeder lines and 13 mixed lines or additional 16x 8mm feeder lines.
  so total 35x 8mm lines as maximum
- It uses Samsung CP45 nozzles no changer
- 2 pneumatic push feeder to forward the strips independend from the head
- Vision system having 2 bottom cameras with different focal length and one head camera for fiducial alignment and teach in  programming
- user definable pickup positions on the machine working area for parts in strips or TQFP
- English PC Software
- Internal motion controller USB connection to the PC

Regards
Michael

Reply #40
Hi Michael,

Is the SMT500D a modified machine of the TM240A?
I was hoping that it could fall below USD5K initially...

Reply #41
Hi,
no it's a new development not compareable to TM240A.
It's not running standalone like TM240A it needs a PC and compressed air.
The machine can feed using the push feeder while placing.
It has a comfortable vision system to align components.

The list price for a TM240A is 4990USD!

Look here for a working video of SMT500D  http://https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1zqnkid7mwotwa/MVI_2190.MOV

Here is a placement job I did after good adjustment of TM240A and at maximum possible placement speed.
Higher speed setting decrease the accuracy because of resulting vibrations on higher speeds while the axis are moving.

My old TM240A working video http://https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37962674/DSCN1324.MOV
Placement result  http://https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37962674/DSCN1325.JPG

Reply #42
[quote author="supertronic"]<snip>

Look here for a working video of SMT500D  http://https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1zqnkid7mwotwa/MVI_2190.MOV
<snip>
[/quote]

Good day Michael,

Very nice!  Well done!

How does the SMT500D handle:

a. Parts not on tape
...i.e. parts in tubes, trays, etc

b. Parts that are on tape, but larger...
... i.e. bigger electrolytics, etc

What is the maximum part height the machine can support?

Lastly, for larger parts do you have to manually change the nozzle?

Cheers,

Sam

Reply #43
Hi Sam,

Thank you for your compliments.

The machine can handle parts in trays or strips but you need additional holder for it.
You can define "soft feeders" if you have space in your working area.
You only need to set the X/Y position of the first part, the distance to the next part, how many rows and columns are used.
The placement process takes care if there are enough parts left.
If you fill up the parts you need to reset the soft feeder line.

Sorry we have no vibration feeder for this machine.

The SMT500D supports up to 10mm part height but it is not possible to feed parts higher than 5mm in standard feeder line.
Maybe you do a modification to support this.
Our Software support individual Z axis pickup positions for every feeder line if you need different heights in Feeder block.

Unfortunally the machine has no automatic nozzle changer it's like TM240A but you can change manual during a placement job.

Best regards
Michael

Reply #44
Hi Michael,

13 mixed lines
I can use 12 mm & 16 mm with these lines right?

Is shipping included in the price?

What OS you need to run on the PC?