Skip to main content
Topic: holiday break project (Read 12907 times) previous topic - next topic

holiday break project

who's been working on projects this holiday?

i just hit a relatively high point in one of my projects.

[attachment=0]

just barely up to spec for 2M tranmitter.

Re: holiday break project

Reply #1
I've been working on a Pro version of my Re:load. I've got digital control of the current consumption working fine, as well as the optical encoder and USB interface, and I've just now got the LCD displaying stuff.

Reply #2
Couple of stuff going on: Working on a constant current load, stepper drivers, a delta robot (kinematic simulation is almost done, steppers are for this project)...

Also started learning KiCad, just playing around for now. The thing is we have year-end presentations this week so holiday starts after Friday for me.

Reply #4
Soldering up my MSP430G2553/NRF24L01+ wireless sensor nodes, blinking the LEDs, and hopefully attempting radio transmission later today, should interference from flying reindeer permit.

Reply #5
Cleaning up this big mess and gazing at all your projects :-)

Reply #6
Replacing a battery.  (A bigger project than those three words imply -- I'll write it up when I am finished.)

Reply #7
Finally try to finish my nixie clock.. it was due in september :)

[attachment=0]

Nixies are working :D

Reply #8
I'm working on a reduced version of the Part Ninja with components I had in my drawer. I removed almost everything as I plan to use it only connected by USB and do the readings on any serial terminal.
I made the PCB myself and now I'm going to try the new MPLAB X, I have not programmed PICs for years.

I have also made a simple board to test SMD components more easily.
Is sad that Part Ninja project have not arrived to maturity and to be available at Seed, I spend a lot of time identifying components when repairing things.

Reply #9
[quote author="nickjohnson"]I've been working on a Pro version of my Re:load. I've got digital control of the current consumption working fine, as well as the optical encoder and USB interface, and I've just now got the LCD displaying stuff.[/quote]

Nice looking display Nick, got any details?

Some great looking projects there guys. Hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying whatever holidays you have  :)

Reply #10
Getting the hackerspace's laser room in order.
OSAA moved last month and we need to do a lot of work to get everything in order again. Cleaning the laser room was the next in line.
Images of the work done during the last couple of days:
http://media.vagrearg.org/laserrum/

Reply #11
Yesterday made a GoodFET v4.0. Soldered the QFP first thing before any coffee and my hand was just about steady enough.

Reply #12
Inspired by this [1] and this [2] wrist watch, I decided to build yet another iteration of my bedside table alarm clock, this time using an OLED.

As a first step I made a handy breakout board for an 1.3" 128x64 OLED.  The rest is soldered together on a perfboard.

The hardware is complete and working, the firmware in an early development stage.

[1] http://voodoomanmiracle.com/wp/?p=127
[2] http://blog.zakkemble.co.uk/diy-digital-wristwatch/

Reply #13
[quote author="Sleepwalker3"][quote author="nickjohnson"]I've been working on a Pro version of my Re:load. I've got digital control of the current consumption working fine, as well as the optical encoder and USB interface, and I've just now got the LCD displaying stuff.[/quote]

Nice looking display Nick, got any details?

Some great looking projects there guys. Hope you all had a great Christmas and are enjoying whatever holidays you have  :)[/quote]

Sorry, just now saw this. It's a 160x64 COG display from buy-display: buydisplay.com/default/cog-160x64-lcd-module.html

Reply #14
[quote author="nickjohnson"]
Sorry, just now saw this. It's a 160x64 COG display from buy-display: buydisplay.com/default/cog-160x64-lcd-module.html[/quote]

How are the shipping costs? the prices of the modules are dirt cheap.