Skip to main content
Topic: Conflicts between SUMP Java Client and COM port devices (like Arduino) (Read 14356 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Conflicts between SUMP Java Client and COM port devices (like Arduino)

Reply #15
LeissKG, thanks for the tip. :)

I didn't really bother about the missing DTR reset so much as I assembled the serial Arduino for the test with the OLS only ... had the PCBs collecting dust in a corner. However, this explains why the SUMP Java Client will not reset the (standard) serial (RS232) Arduinos! Will put the cap on and test again. If the problem shows with the cap then we can be pretty sure that it's the DTR being toggled on (all?) open COM ports that's causing the problems.

Conflicts between SUMP Java Client and COM port devices (like Arduino)

Reply #16
I haven't gotten around to modify/retrofit the serial Arduino boards for autoreset yet.

However, I got a LeafLabs Maple (from Seeed) a few days ago and after installing the Maple IDE (which is based on/a branch of the Arduino IDE) I ran into the same problems as I experienced between the SUMP Java Client and the Arduino IDE (actually caused by the RXTX library). This came to no surprise but I mention it for completness. The Maple is a different story, so ... :)