Skip to main content
Topic: Secondary UART (Read 843 times) previous topic - next topic

Secondary UART

Hi guys,

I am looking to use the Bus Pirate to do both SPI and UART... only one at a time but through the same connector to the target board.

The documentation for the v4 hinted at the AUX pins being used as a secondary UART... this would allow me to connect the SPI to the primary Bus Pirate pins and the UART to the AUX Bus Pirate pins.

Is this possible with the current firmware, and if so, what is the pinout for using UART on the AUX pins please.

Thanks,

Nick

Re: Secondary UART

Reply #1
[quote author="jafa"]Hi guys,

I am looking to use the Bus Pirate to do both SPI and UART... only one at a time but through the same connector to the target board.

The documentation for the v4 hinted at the AUX pins being used as a secondary UART... this would allow me to connect the SPI to the primary Bus Pirate pins and the UART to the AUX Bus Pirate pins.

Is this possible with the current firmware, and if so, what is the pinout for using UART on the AUX pins please.

Thanks,

Nick[/quote]

It is possible in the latest firmware beta 6.3 to use the 2ndery UART as a secondary interface for the Bus Pirate v4. nut this is only in debug mode, meaning you'll have to compile and program the Bus Pirate yourself. If you are still interested lemme know, and I'll guide you through it. The pins used are AUX1, and AUX2, don't remember which one is RX which one is TX, but they can easily be swapped in the firmware ..
best regards FIlip.