Skip to main content
Topic: My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller (Read 289283 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller

Reply #181
I'm also still working on my version of this. Sadly, works are slow because I kinda busy (changing job right now).

Anyway I have working prototypes of the 2xN-MOS AC switch, zero crossing detector and power supply. Will post schematics and photos later. I'm hoping to get the opamp board made by the end of next week. :)

Reply #182
I finally finished my Hakko T12 soldering controller.
Thanks to sparkybg and arhi for all help and sugestions.

Some features of the controller:
- 3310 graphic display
- rotary encoder for easy and fast temperature selection
- sleep mode when the iron is in the stand
- turn off when a long time in sleep mode
- audible indications
- intuitive menu navegation
- percentage visualization of output power
- powered by a compact and lightweight 24V dc laptop power supply
- ambient temperature sensor for a better cold junction compensation
- lcd backlight control
- alarm for very high temperature, turning off immediately the heater
- indication of tip removed to allow hot swapping the tips
- bootloader for easy firmware upgrade via integrated usb port
- usb port and c# software to monitoring all parameters and help to adjust the pid parameters

The controller still need a little adjust in the PID parameters but for me it is almost perfect.
Here are some photos of my soldering station. The case was an old ups :)
https://plus.google.com/photos/10961235 ... 8092650129

I know the pcb is not very pretty. I could have done in smd but I wanted a pcb that was easy for me to do at home and to reuse the components that I already had.

Reply #183
Looks good, when do we get to see the dirty details ? Schematic, code etc.

Reply #184
[quote author="randomone"]Looks good, when do we get to see the dirty details ? Schematic, code etc.[/quote]

I added some photos of the internal of the soldering station.
I have edited the post to include the schematics.
Later I will upload the source files.

Reply #185
Looks good. Pretty clear and simple. :)

Only two things I would do a little different:

- put 15V zener between source and gate of the MOSFET to protect it from transients. There is very low probability of thansients there, but you never know.

- 10k to VCC on MCLR is a bit higher. Put 4.7K instead. I think Z1 is obsolete too - there is nothing to protect MCLR from. R7 is also obsolete. Just put a 4.7k resistor from MCLR to VCC and that's all. Never had any problem doing it this way, even when the MCU is pretty close to 8kW soldering SMPS HV stage.

Why dual MCP6V07, instead of single version (MCP6V01 for example)? It is sold at nearly double price.

Reply #186
The 15V zener makes sense.

Z1 and R7 are necessary because I'm using ICD2 to program the pic.
ICD2 minimum vpp voltage is 12V and maximum allowed vpp in this pic is 9V.

I used the MCP6V07 because I already had that component, and it was not worth buying another.
Initially the second opamp was to be used in the ambient temperature sensor, but it was not necessary.

Reply #187
[quote author="diogoc"]
Z1 and R7 are necessary because I'm using ICD2 to program the pic.
ICD2 minimum vpp voltage is 12V and maximum allowed vpp in this pic is 9V.[/quote]

I see.

Reply #188
Source files uploaded in the post. Enjoy :)

Reply #189
Hi,

I see that you say this PCB is designed to fit the BK 3000LF enclosure, but I also seem to see you using the BK2000+

Does this also fit the BK2000+ as I already have one of those and was looking to upgrade my soldering station, but then came across this thread during my search. I would much rather just gut the 2000+ and upgrade it with your controller and buy a new iron.

Reply #190
[quote author="BadAd84"]Hi,

I see that you say this PCB is designed to fit the BK 3000LF enclosure, but I also seem to see you using the BK2000+

Does this also fit the BK2000+ as I already have one of those and was looking to upgrade my soldering station, but then came across this thread during my search. I would much rather just gut the 2000+ and upgrade it with your controller and buy a new iron.[/quote]

Yes, it fits BK2000+. In fact, I bought BK2000+ only to use it's box. :) I only replaced the back panel with laser cut stainless steel one.

Reply #191
Excellent.

How are you coming along with the latest revision? I dont mind building the "old one" if the newer one is a long way away, but id rather not order all the bits and then it be replaced immediately.

Also, do you have the layout for the replacement back panel cutout?

Thanks for your great work!

Reply #192
[quote author="BadAd84"]Excellent.

How are you coming along with the latest revision? I dont mind building the "old one" if the newer one is a long way away, but id rather not order all the bits and then it be replaced immediately.

Also, do you have the layout for the replacement back panel cutout?

Thanks for your great work![/quote]

Attached is the layout. You only need the top one. I made the other because I am using toroidal transformer, not the original one.

The new version already works, but it will need a month or two to put firmware in order. I cannot tell you exactly when will it be available.

I am on vacation now. I will be back in two days and I will work on it after this.

Reply #193
Dont suppose I could talk you into providing the files for the new board?

I can buy the boards and components and build it while waiting for you to sort firmware. Been using this iron for long enough that I am not in a rush and at least id have the board ready to test when you get around to finishing it up.

Cheers for the plate, will get one of those made up too.

Reply #194
There will be a new thread for the new version. I just have to be sure everything works before posting anything. It will be there soon.

Also, the back plate for the new version is a bit different than the back plate for this version.