Skip to main content
Topic: My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller (Read 287445 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: My HAKKO classic and T12/T15 soldering controller

Reply #420
How to put the zener for this circuit?

Is this circuit good for a start?(I know, its gain isn't big enough. I will increase it if this circuit could be ok):

I don't know how to put a GND for -HEATER. Can I put a couple 1N4148 for -HEATER after R1?

Reply #421
Hi All,

Right, seeing as I'm still waiting for the LED Displays to turn up, I decided to try compiling the firmware with MPXLAB IDE v3.05 and it just wont do it. I get the following error even though as a test I've made no changes to the code. Any ideas SparkyBG?

On a side note, Ryan111 maybe you could take your side project to a separate thread? This thread is for Sparky's controller, and adding your homebrew one into the mix is needlessly confusing in an already complicated thread. I'm not being snarky, just your project needs its own thread.

Cheers

Rob

make -f nbproject/Makefile-PIC18_XC8.mk SUBPROJECTS= .build-conf
make[1]: Entering directory 'Y:/Users/Rob/Desktop/BK3000LF.X'
make  -f nbproject/Makefile-PIC18_XC8.mk dist/PIC18_XC8/production/BK3000LF.X.production.hex
make[2]: Entering directory 'Y:/Users/Rob/Desktop/BK3000LF.X'
"C:Program Files (x86)Microchipxc8v1.35binxc8.exe" --pass1  --chip=18F24K22 -Q -G  --double=24 --float=24 --emi=wordwrite --opt=all,+asm,-asmfile,+speed,-space,-debug --addrqual=ignore --mode=pro -P -N255 --warn=0 --asmlist --summary=default,-psect,-class,+mem,-hex,-file --output=default,-inhx032 --runtime=default,+clear,+init,-keep,-no_startup,-download,+config,+clib,+plib --output=-mcof,+elf:multilocs --stack=compiled:auto:auto:auto "--errformat=%f:%l: error: (%n) %s" "--warnformat=%f:%l: warning: (%n) %s" "--msgformat=%f:%l: advisory: (%n) %s"    -obuild/PIC18_XC8/production/main.p1  main.c
:: warning: (1459) peripheral library support is missing for the 18F24K22
main.c:13: error: (141) can't open include file "GenericTypeDefs.h": No such file or directory
(908) exit status = 1
nbproject/Makefile-PIC18_XC8.mk:94: recipe for target 'build/PIC18_XC8/production/main.p1' failed
make[2]: Leaving directory 'Y:/Users/Rob/Desktop/BK3000LF.X'
nbproject/Makefile-PIC18_XC8.mk:78: recipe for target '.build-conf' failed
make[1]: Leaving directory 'Y:/Users/Rob/Desktop/BK3000LF.X'
nbproject/Makefile-impl.mk:39: recipe for target '.build-impl' failed
make[2]: *** [build/PIC18_XC8/production/main.p1] Error 1
make[1]: *** [.build-conf] Error 2
make: *** [.build-impl] Error 2

BUILD FAILED (exit value 2, total time: 868ms)

Reply #422
I am using MPLAB X 2.20 and XC8 1.33 and it builds without problems. Try using older version of XC8 compiler. It seems the peripheral libraries are missing.

Reply #423
Hi SparkyBG,

That's worked! Compiles with no problem at all.

I've now got the correct LED displays so hopefully I'm back on track.

Regards

Rob

Reply #424
@equalizor You are right but not completely because sometimes we want to ask some questions around the T12 tips and we cannot find any guy like sparkybg that has good experience with these stuffs. :) anyway, Ok, I'm going to ask questions about and around his/her circuit.

Hi sparkybg,
I found the problem. I tested the Op-Amp and found out that it has gotten hurt. eer!
now, if I connect it to 3v3, it shows me 3v3 and when I connect it to GND it shows 13mv. then please ignore above circuit.
My circuit is this:

That I think it's completely like this (isn't it?):

But I have a problem again :). the output doesn't give me any amount. I measured the input of the circuit and it was exactly the amount that I expected to get but it's negative. :( why? I changed +HEATER to -HEATER and it got worse( much more negative than earlier).

Thanks and sorry if I bother you :)

Reply #425
Check your connections to the tip. The schematic is OK.

Reply #426
[quote author="sparkybg"]Check your connections to the tip. The schematic is OK.[/quote]
Thanks for reply.
Could it be because of R14 (in your circuit)? because you have used a 390k resistor but I'm using a 1Mohm and also when I apply heat to the tip, it goes up. for example from -7 to -2 and when it get cool, it goes down for example from -2 to -7.

Reply #427
Oops! I forgot to ask How to put 15v zener for the MOSFET?
between Gate and GND or before R13 as you can see in this image:

Reply #428
I put a 1KOhm resistor instead of 390KOhm (R14) and it's working now. Is it normal?

Reply #429
[quote author="Ryan111"]Oops! I forgot to ask How to put 15v zener for the MOSFET?[/quote]

As I already wrote - between gate and source of the MOSFET.

[quote author="Ryan111"]I put a 1KOhm resistor instead of 390KOhm (R14) and it's working now. Is it normal?[/quote]

1k is too low. 390K must work, if all the connections are right. If it doesn't you have a problem somewhere. The purpose of this resistor is to pull up the input of the amplifier when the tip is not connected to the controller.

I don't know what are you doing, but this is pretty simple schematic. The whole controller is really simple and noone so far had much problems building and running it. I suspect you are making some general mistakes I am unaware of.

If you ask me - order the PCB's from somewhere and assemble my controller. If you solder everything right, it should work. Then experiment with your own schematics when you have a working prototype. You will have much less trouble doing it this way.

Reply #430
Ok, then I'm going to make my PCB.
[quote author="sparkybg"]
As I already wrote - between gate and source of the MOSFET.[/quote]
Alright, then this should be ok:

Thanks

Reply #431
Yes, that's it.

Reply #432
Ryan111,

Just for your information, if you're in the UK and you're planning on getting the Sparky PCB's made up for this project then I have a couple going spare for the cost price + postage. They were made in China by PCBWAY and look great. They cost £36.00 for ten boards (5x2) so a set would be £7.20+postage.

Regards

Rob

Reply #433
Do you have more than one spare set? ;)

Reply #434
I  actually have 3 left but I want another spare set, so in reality 2 really.

I haven't finished my build due to ebay sending some incorrect parts but I should know for sure at the weekend if the PCBs are as good as they look!

When its up and running i'll either put some pictures on here on my YouTube channel.

Regards

Rob