Skip to main content
Topic: Shenzhen Hardware Markets Q&A (Read 1640 times) previous topic - next topic

Shenzhen Hardware Markets Q&A

Lot of posts on the DP blog are dedicated to Shenzhen hardware markets, so it's hardly a surprise that people pay attention and have more questions about. I really hope that opening a topic for them is appropriate, and this forum also appears to be a good place, as lots of discussions already dedicated to sourcing stuff in China and Shenzhen.

So, questions I would have:

1. What are usual opening hours for hardware markets in Shenzhen (if times differ, what about the biggest most popular ones)?

2. Do they work on weekends, and again, with what schedule?

3. Do sellers accept USD? Please give some details, like: 1) No, they would be executed if they did; 2) it's state-prohibited; 3) it's not prohibited, but sellers usually need some persuasion to accept; 4) it's accepted normally, on par with Yuan; 5) USD is preferred form of payment; 6) your variant.

4. Do they accept credit cards? Would you use yours there? ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Shenzhen Hardware Markets Q&A

Reply #1
1. What are usual opening hours for hardware markets in Shenzhen (if times differ, what about the biggest most popular ones)?
2. Do they work on weekends, and again, with what schedule?
Monday to Saturday, 11am to 6pm

3. Do sellers accept USD? Please give some details, like: 1) No, they would be executed if they did; 2) it's state-prohibited; 3) it's not prohibited, but sellers usually need some persuasion to accept; 4) it's accepted normally, on par with Yuan; 5) USD is preferred form of payment; 6) your variant.

Not that I know of, but I never tried. There is a black market currency exchange in the market, but I wouldn't go near it. Fake bills are rampant in china and why risk it?

4. Do they accept credit cards? Would you use yours there? ;-)

For consumer electronics yes, but not the wholesale market. That is mostly wire, though I know the test rig guy takes paypal too.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.