Skip to main content
Topic: Qinsi QS-5100 IR Reflow Oven Manual in PDF (Read 22915 times) previous topic - next topic

Qinsi QS-5100 IR Reflow Oven Manual in PDF

The manual is upside down and out of order (at least the english section). Here's a PDF of the scanned pages put back in order.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Re: Qinsi QS-5100 IR Reflow Oven Manual in PDF

Reply #1
I might add that none of the actual programmed heating profiles match the table on "page" 43.

Reply #2
pc control would make life better:)

Reply #3
yes, reverse-engineer the controller and create one with usb control, that would be cool!
What was the pre-bargain price for these again?

And how big is the drawer size?,there are two other units floating around on ebay, T962 (18x23.5 cm soldering area) and T962A (30x32cm soldering area)

Reply #5
180x120. I thought the T962 was the same size. Dunno, I wouldn't want anything bigger.

That's the Atten one I wanted to get. Mine is exactly the same.

Mine is 1400rmb list (220)
The bigger one, the one the students from Malaysia got and Seeed has, are $440 US. I forget the exact price in RMB.

I think the bigger one might work better because there is more separation from the tubes, as well as more tubes, but for my lab I wouldn't want anything that takes up more space than the small one. The price is also out of my budget as I can only withdraw so much per day on the ATMs :) I wanted to put together a really good mini workshop for about 500US, and I was totally able to with this oven being the biggest single cost.

Now that I've stopped scorching boards with it, I'm totally psyched! Can;t wait to do a big board when the solder dispenser is working later today to see how hard it is to get everything to reflow together (/me looks out window for the postman lugging an air compressor).

Reply #6
I'm curious why PC control? I can see the coolness factor, but it is pretty advanced and shows all stats on the graphical display. I'd rather have an open firmware because I hate the way it adjusts profiles in the setup menu. I'll show an example in the video this week.

Reply #7
Have you peeked inside it to see if it's possible to fit some more IR-tubes to get a more even heat distribution?

Reply #8
I have looked up in it, but torn it apart. There is plenty of space for them, but I think it is the vertical separation that is a problem. If there were more, located higher, I think it would be better. This close to the PCB I think it is roasting them a little. Even a small convection fan inside might even it out a little. I do not seem to have any problems with the temperature making the changes fast enough.

Reply #9
Yeah, it's that small size I would like too, I'm not producing, but would like to be able to get good soldering and ability to solder tiny bga variants (some strange sensors out there)
PC control depens on what you put in that, what I was more looking for was hackability to make sure you can control and get the timing, temperatures correct, maybe add extra TC's for monitoring in the same software.
And, the option to easily download/program the heatingprofile for the given solderpaste/components you are using.
Not sure how this one is, but I heard the t962's had issues with the buttons going the oposite way as the markings?

Reply #10
Menus work great, no button debouncing problems, etc.

Reply #11
ah, great!

Reply #12
I received my own T962A (the bigger brother of the T962) this morning. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet - I will report back when I have - but I can confirm that it includes four infrared heater elements, not two.

Reply #13
Eager to hear about the T962A. Its out of my price range, but I may buy a T962 next time in china just to compare.

Reply #14
Guys,

I'd like a purchase a QS-5180C or some similarly large model from Qinsi.  Googled for it but most of the sites are Chinese and I'm not sure which sellers are reliable / cheap.  Could you recommend a seller?

Thanks!