Skip to main content
Topic: Web server build with live site (Read 16563 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Web server build with live site

Reply #15
Damn I wish I knew this a little bit sooner, I have several boards on the way from china now, is there any way I can use the currently sold item from sparkfun? without altering the pcb, because they are all etched by now...

Reply #16
I have to be honest I've not looked, personally I don't care for companies that mess with part numbers and don't advertise that they've made changes......yes I agree it'd be easy enough to redo the layout, trouble is that the new part has the solder connections in a tricky position for most folks to solder them at home with limited equipment.
Sourcing the correct part with the tags at the back would be preferable as then you'd have the full set of contacts complete with the Card Detect switch funtionality.
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #17
Well the little Web Server continues to chug away here on my bench and seems to be opperating well for many weeks now with only the occasional lock up....a friend is going to assit me in moding the firmware to check for Ethernet Datapump lock ups and the like and force a reset of the firmware......I may also run a set up like VNC so I can remotely reset the little creature.
We think most of the lock ups are due to folks being a bit impatient and if they don't see immediate page updates they try clicking another button which comfuses the poor little thing  :-) causing code failure.
More news as it transpires.
                                 Anyone else got a MicroServer up and running that we can log into??
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #18
Yup, I got mine running: http://rvbcrs.dyndns.org:81/ I made more than one, but this is the one I'm debugging on the moment so it is possible that is non responsive, but then it will be up after a while

Reply #19
Your site runs great, yes same as mine it is a tad slow to load....but works great, I can see all four LED's  :-)
and will gladly send a print screen of the results I see if anyone wants...   Dave
Yes we'd love to see your code mods too  :-)
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #20
Server Lock-Ups......anyone else seeing the little web server locking up?    If left on it'll lock up at least a couple of times a day.
Did anyone try monitoring the watchdog pin on the PIC or have any suggestions how ro reset the PIC if it craps out?
If all else fails just have a regularly timed reset?
I agree with Ramon too, it'd be nice to see and display the incoming users IP....any thoughts on how to do this welcome.
Myself and a buddy currently have LED's attached to the three spare outputs of the PIC and if you go on line can switch them on and off, thanks to Ramon's stellar efforts in coding.  Be warned now that is is slow to load the page initially!
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #21
I think the way round this is to have a few  0R links for the  Ethernet connector and card slot positions, then you can use any connectors,  and link over the relevant links with a fine wire, or just install 0R resistors if the parts are compatible.

As for the code there may be a number of issues that need to be looked at:

1. not self limiting on the connections
2. not multi-threadded.
3. processor cannot saturate the Ethernet, which means the ethernet CAN saturate the processor.

I agree with Ramon too, it'd be nice to see and display the incoming users IP....any thoughts on how to do this welcome.

It's not as interesting as you think...... you will see thousands, because as soon as you connect anything to the internet, the BOTS and scripts start to seek out ports they can hack into or reflect off, what would be very very interesting and useful, would be 'honeypot' code for this board.