Skip to main content
Topic: High speed Pick & Place for $3600 (Read 343843 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: High speed Pick & Place for $3600

Reply #480
To the Neoden people - you really need to hire a Native English speaker to write your video scripts (not just to voice them).
Your video on Youtube looks great but the soundtrack is terrible, and makes you look very unprofessional.

A pick/place is a big investment, and if you want to sell to English-speaking countries, you really need to show that you can communicate better than this.

Reply #481
Does it have automatic nozzle change ?

Reply #482
[quote author="mikeselectricstuff"]To the Neoden people - you really need to hire a Native English speaker to write your video scripts (not just to voice them).
Your video on Youtube looks great but the soundtrack is terrible, and makes you look very unprofessional.

A pick/place is a big investment, and if you want to sell to English-speaking countries, you really need to show that you can communicate better than this.[/quote]

It might be easier and cheaper to ship one to Mike and let him review it for the rest of us.

Reply #483
I do not think it has auto nozzle change. But it has 4 nozzles.

Reply #484
I do not think it has auto nozzle change. But it has 4 nozzles.
That may significantly impact placement rate optimisation by using the multiple heads

It might be easier and cheaper to ship one to Mike and let him review it for the rest of us.
Happy to do that if I can keep it, I'll even rewrite the script for your video in proper English!

Reply #485
Have seen the machine personally while it was still a prototype. It looks very solid and a leap above the previous 3 generation.
In my personal view, it's a USD25-40K machine in the < USD10K price bracket.
That sums it up. Planning to get one but out of budget and justification right now. :(

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Reply #486
Hi Everybody here,

We would like to extend our warm wishes for the upcoming holiday season and would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.We also would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for your continuously attention and support to NeoDen.

Sincerely yours,
Haimi

E-mail:haimi@neodentech.com

Reply #487
What happened to the post where they said they gave ian a free neoden4 and where the heck is the review!? 

Would really like to see more official reviews of some of the other Chinese desktop pnp's and equipment, laser cutters, cnc, etc.  I check the site all the time hoping...  Bring us the miracles of small manufacturing!

Reply #488
Hey folks, I'm new here but looking for info about / reviews about Neoden. People who have the older machines report good success with them. I'm about to buy a Neoden 4 to bring production in-house for my products, but wanting to know if anyone has experience or advice dealing with Neoden Tech.

I've been emailing with Tonny and so far he (she?) has answered all my questions and been quite helpful in learning the details about the machine. But before dropping $12K+ USD on the full production setup (stencil printer and reflow oven included) I want to make sure that I do some due diligence! I want to know that I'm actually going to end up with a good product at my door, and that it's going to work. :)

So a few questions:

- Do you have a Neoden 4 machine? I skipped the older series because it didn't fit my requirements, but the 4 seems great!
- How did you pay? Should I opt to use Aliexpress (5% surcharge) for buyer protection? I want to make sure I actually get a working machine!
- They offered DHL shipping "Door to Door". Is this a good choice? Were there any problems with customs clearances in your country? Did they declare at the full value for tax purposes?
- Was the time-line what was quoted? I was told 7-10 days to get the order ready and 3-4 days for transit.
- I chose to get a reflow oven and stencil printer as part of the order so it's a "turn-key" system. I'd be interested in opinions on the following: PM3040 stencil printer + T-962C reflow oven.

Thanks!

vbe

Reply #490
Hi Mike,
are there any videos or information about the software user interface?

Reply #491
Neoden recently uploaded some vids of the software (looks fairly primitive) - I've posted links in the eevblog thread

Reply #492
Thank you Mike for the information.

Best regards
Michael

Reply #493
Looks like it has a very major limitation, which may be a complete game-over for some users - the head only has 10mm of Z travel, which means it can't handle parts over 5mm high - a pretty epic fail IMO.

Reply #494
You can sort the parts accordingly in order to overcome the low clearance problem.

I'll try to explain: put all tall components to the end of the list. And once it starts to place tall components, make sure it populates locations FARTHEST from the pick up location first. This way, once tall component is placed, the head will never have to go over that location again.

Depending on how close the mounting head is to being at -10mm when it touches the PCB, you might be able to place components up to 9mm high.