Skip to main content
Topic: LCD HD44780 adapter board preorder (Read 5370 times) previous topic - next topic

LCD HD44780 adapter board preorder

I can have HD44780 LCD adapter board kits made at Seeed Studio for $15 each, including worldwide shipping. I might be able to get a combined discount on this and the 3EEPROM explorer board.

If there's no interest now, I might still organize a few kits when the Bus Pirate v3 preorder starts.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Re: LCD HD44780 adapter board preorder

Reply #1
will [quote author="ian"]
I can have HD44780 LCD adapter board kits made at Seeed Studio for $15 each, including worldwide shipping. I might be able to get a combined discount on this and the 3EEPROM explorer board.

If there's no interest now, I might still organize a few kits when the Bus Pirate v3 preorder starts.
[/quote]
will it work with http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/produc ... cts_id=710 or is it a text interface?
the most powerful tool in the hackers arsenal is social engineering ... a computer is only as secure as the person using it ... trick the person .. trick the computer
personal quote BiOzZ 2009

Re: LCD HD44780 adapter board preorder

Reply #2
Sorry, I had to setup this post for the article, which won't be published until Thursday afternoon US time.

There's an HD44780 character LCD mode for the Bus Pirate, it requires a PFC8574 expander IC. There's an open source adapter board in the Bus Pirate SVN, I'm running an article with demo and documentation later today.

I'd like to add a KS0108B mode eventually, but the pinouts don't seem to be as consistent as the standard character LCDs.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.