Skip to main content
Topic: FT2232H breakout board repeatedly connecting/disconnecting (Read 2090 times) previous topic - next topic

FT2232H breakout board repeatedly connecting/disconnecting

Hi there,

I just got my FT2232H breakout board and I'm seeing some odd behavior. I wanted to confirm, if possible if I have a bad board or if there's some setup I need to perform. Basically, the title says it all. I've connected the board to multiple OS X machines, a Win7 VM, an Ubuntu VM, and a Win7 laptop using multiple USB cables. In each case, the device repeatedly connects and disconnects. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: FT2232H breakout board repeatedly connecting/disconnecti

Reply #1
Does it get better or worser if you tap/press the chips/components or usb connector?

Looks like a bad solderjoint to me

Reply #2
[quote author="thelonious"]Hi there,

I just got my FT2232H breakout board and I'm seeing some odd behavior. I wanted to confirm, if possible if I have a bad board or if there's some setup I need to perform. Basically, the title says it all. I've connected the board to multiple OS X machines, a Win7 VM, an Ubuntu VM, and a Win7 laptop using multiple USB cables. In each case, the device repeatedly connects and disconnects. Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Kevin[/quote]

There seems to be no reason for this to happen other then a bad solder joint... Contact Seeed with a link to this post, and ask for a replacement.
best regards FIlip.

Reply #3
After a closer look with a microscope, I found a solder bridge (my fault) between GND and -RESET, of all places. That's cleaned up and the board is working great now. Thanks guys.

-Kevin