Skip to main content
Topic: Current/Voltage Tester board with DP5031 (Read 3461 times) previous topic - next topic

Current/Voltage Tester board with DP5031

Hi,

For those interested in a cheap funny board to test USB current consumption/voltage or even check USB D+/D- and ID signal
I have designed a new PCB board Current Voltage Tester v1.0 Rev1 (Size 50mm x 31mm).
Current or Voltage can be measured using standard Banana Plug Connector (for voltmeter) or a standard header.
The PCB include also easy access with Oscilloscope to D+, D- and USBID pin for checks.

See photo of the board hereafter:
[attachment=0]

A very cheap case is also planned depending on feedback about that board.

Nota: For those interested I plan to buy 10 PCBs and I could sell some bare PCB for very good price (like 10 Euros including shipping for Europe for 2 PCB).
If lot of people are interested by more PCB I could lower the price and buy a batch of 20 or 50 PCB and sell them for even less (like 20 euros for 5 PCB including shipping), for information all PCB will be 100% E-test.
Contact me in the forum or by email titanmk@gmail.com

Best Regards
Benjamin
Best Regards
Benjamin

Re: Current/Voltage Tester board with DP5031

Reply #1
Cool product. 

But I'm not too sure that 10 EUR for two boards is such a very good deal.  10 EUR = 13 USD and that gives you 10 boards inclusive shipping from Seeed.

10 EUR for one board inclusive all parts would be a decent deal though...

Reply #2
Hi Matseng,

Of course it is maybe not the best deal but shipping is just too expensive and for shipping without tracking (just express) it can be even lower price or why not a DIY package including the components.
But anyway it is just an offer and I do not really win any money on that considering the time spent to package PCB and send them in low quantity.

Best Regards
Benjamin
Best Regards
Benjamin

Reply #3
Nice PCB 3dview, but isn't it missing a current sense resistor or pcb trace loop for current measurement?
Still learning
-Arup

Reply #4
[quote author="arupbsk"]Nice PCB 3dview, but isn't it missing a current sense resistor or pcb trace loop for current measurement?[/quote]
No there's no any sense resistor as it is a tool to be used with a multimeter.
In fact you just need to plug multimeter in current/amp mode in measure current pins.
The best is to connect a uCurrent with burden voltage take into account to measure accurately device with very low power consumption.
Best Regards
Benjamin

Reply #5
I am really interested in getting a few of these. I have everything except the USB A port.