Skip to main content
Topic: Native Winamp plug-in for #twatch (Read 5202 times) previous topic - next topic

Native Winamp plug-in for #twatch

Not to try to get in competition with anyone but...

For me, the main reason for getting a #twatch in the first place was to display the currently playing song info from WinAmp (couldn't care less about twitter:).  Since I received it, I've been working on a native plug-in for WinAmp (did not want to glue a bunch of stuff together).  So here it is, the first release.  Still fairly in beta state, but I think it might use some testing from others.  Just copy the dll in your plugin directory and it should show up in General Plugins in Winamp.  First time you lunch WinAmp, you'll get an error because the IP address in registry is not set.  Go configure the plugin with the correct IP and it should work...

In it's current state, it displays the artist name in the first row, the song title in the second, the album name and year in the third and finally, the playing status, progress bar and time (played or left) in the fourth.  It also display the shuffle state using a custom char.  If you use the modern skin, it can show the state of "Stop after current".

There are ton of stuff to be done still, like custom chars for playing status (just can't get it to work), maybe scrolling (not sure yet if it's worth the trouble on a LCD), etc...

If you don't like beta stuff, don't bother, otherwise, give it a try and let me know.

Yves

Re: Native Winamp plug-in for #twatch

Reply #1
This is fantastic. Is it for v5?

I've added it to the twatch scripts folder, and I'll post it on the blog too. Great work.

If you're interested in making it open source, I can give you access to the SVN to work in.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
Ian,

Yes it is for V5.  As for open source, I'll wait till my code is cleaner ;)

I've realized that there is currently a small leak (memory or handles), since WinAmp takes longer to exit when the plugin is present.  Once that is fixed, I'll post an update.

Thanks,

Yves

Reply #3
Hi everyone,

I've worked a bit on the plug-in.  Changes include : custom char to display current playing status, new look for the progress bar, improved error condition handling (still not bullet proof but getting there), and my part for the environment, the backlight is now turned off when the playing status is stopped.

There will be a least one more update when 5.58 of Winamp comes out since they have introduced a better way of determining the status of "stop after current".

Current version number of the plug-in is 0.30 and is attached to this post.

Yves

Reply #4
Here's a picture of the plug-in in action!

Yves

Reply #5
Thanks for the picture! I updated the posts with this image.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.