Skip to main content
Topic: USB Power Supply with Resettable PTC (Read 20804 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: USB Power Supply with Resettable PTC

Reply #15
[quote author="ian"]I really like this. May I please use your current measurement setup on the smoke tester? We were going to scuttle that feature in v1 but your setup works great on my breadboard.[/quote]

What is the smoke tester project?  Feel free to use this setup, if you like, thank you for asking.  Feel free to send a spare PCB, if you have any.

I had considered using a higher value sense resistor so that I could get a more precise measurement, but I didn't want to lose the 1mA/mV correlation on the output.  It's hard to have a lot of confidence in the measurement with my cheapo multimeter anyway (which can barely get mV right, I think).  So some more thorough evaluation of the circuit might be in order.

Reply #16
Thanks schazamp. The project is a personal project (not currently intended for sale) so I have a way to do a first power up and not fry anything. Multiple fuses, multiple inputs (18v/usb) , and outputs (3.3,5v, fused, fuse indicators, terminals and USB female jack). My main goal was a fused USB female for testing prototypes (what I do most), the other stuff was just the kitchen sink :)
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #17
Of course you can have the pcb :)
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #18
Here's the thread with the DP smoke tester
best regards FIlip.