Skip to main content
Topic: PCB video review Tuesday (Read 30465 times) previous topic - next topic

PCB video review Tuesday

We're starting a new weekly feature called PCB video review Tuesday. We'll take a look at a few boards and talk about what we would change before production.

There's lots of styles of PCB routing, and our's isn't the right one or the best, but we want to start a dialog to help everyone make better PCBs.

To get your PCBs reviewed please post the Eagle source files here
best regards FIlip.

Re: PCB video review Tuesday

Reply #1
Since nobody else has yet, I figure I may as well pony up...

This is the hardware design for TuneConsole; I'm curious to know what you'd change about it.

S.

[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Reply #2
I'm currently making a PCB for my 10x10 LED matrix clock project. This is my first time making a PCB in Eagle, so any critiques would be greatly appreciated!

Details:
-ATmega168
-DS3234 real time clock with 3V CR2032 backup battery
-5V voltage regulator

Thanks! Eagle files attached:
[attachment=1]
[attachment=0]

Reply #3
I sadly feel excluded as Linux user who slightly objects on using binary only programs. png's + gerbers! would be more EDA agnostic :)

Reply #4
[quote author="oliver"]I sadly feel excluded as Linux user who slightly objects on using binary only programs. png's + gerbers! would be more EDA agnostic :)[/quote]

Eventually for sure. For our first try to make one of these videos working with our standard in-house tools seemed a lot less problematic.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #5
I am sorry, I have to withdraw this PCB from the PCB reviews.

Reply #6
Ok, here's a board for you currently going through batchpcb then a production candidate.. It is a nixie tube display board designed to go on my nixie shield or dedicated nixie driver board. Picture of tube, eagleup, sch and pcb attached.Blue LEDs mount on the bottom and uplight each tube..  Cheers. ..c ( cogwheelcircuitworks (dot) com )

Reply #7
Here is my little board (15x20mm): the USB2AX v3.0c PCB.
It's not very complex, yet I'm sure I managed to mess things up here and there ;)

The USB2AX is a small interface used to control Robotis Dynamixel servos (high-performance digital servos for hobby robotics that communicate with a daisy-chained half-duplex serial bus at up to 1Mbaud) from a computer, possibly an embedded one. I developed it while working on my Xachikoma robot (google it ;)).

It should be in small scale production with Seeed Studio as soon as I am legally allowed to give them money (I'm working on a little business much inspired by the Dangerous Prototype model :) ). I already benefited from some really good feedback and contributions from users both concerning the hardware and software, Open Source rocks!

Reply #8
lets see some reviews! i like this idea! will it be on youtube? why dont you guys start a dangerousprototypes youtube channel?