Skip to main content
Topic: Big Box of Parts (Read 173118 times) previous topic - next topic

Big Box of Parts

I went to see Ian yesterday and I received the Big Box of Parts from him. He did start a topic about this some time ago here : viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3177

I took a quick look into it and some of the highlights in the box:
- Some signed by Ian prototypes (some pic programmers, cpld board featured on Hack a Day, first buspirate (?))
- Some smd resistors, capacitors
- Lots of LEDs (PTH)
- Lots of PTH resistor
- Some freebies from suppliers

Rules:
- Take the parts out you can really can use.
- Replace them with parts you can't use (please add an equal amount of stuff)
- Send the box to the next person within a week.
- post a picture of what you got out of it and a small description what you are planning to do with
- No adres information in this topic Please use the PM system for this

So the box is now located in the Netherlands on my desk. I need to look closely what I want from it and put back into the box, but i plan to send it out after the weekend.

Who wants to be part of this chain? Please apply into this topic by posting your country. In order to minimize the shippping costs we gonna start within the netherlands, move to an other country within the eu and then move to the next continent.

Re: Big Box of Parts

Reply #1
People that, I think, want to be part of this 'chain' :

USA
Skybeaver, USA, New hampshire
jdownj, USA FL
BrentBXR, USA, Ohio
schazamp, USA, St louis, mo

EU
[s:]riktw, NL[/s:] box arrived on May 9
[s:]jawi, NL[/s:] box arrived on May xxth
[s:]arakis, Serbia[/s:]
[s:]arhi, Serbia[/s:]
[s:]erdabyz, spain[/s:]
Pisami, FI
Markus_b, switzerland
[s:]retikus, spain[/s:]

Asia
tayken, JP
torwag, JP
arup, india

Unknown

Reply #2
An other thought is to split the box into smaller boxes to spread it quicker around the globe.

Reply #3
Me and arhi would be very interested and have stuff to contribute, but alas, out postage system could trap the box in serbia. We could get refused by the post service to mail it out....then we'd have to pay for Fed ex, or UPS which would be like 50-60euros.....SO I guess you could skip us.
best regards FIlip.

Reply #4
[quote author="Sjaak"]People that, I think, want to be part of this 'chain' :

USA
Skybeaver, USA, New hampshire
[/quote]

confirmed - ill throw in a bunch of small demo boards etc.

Reply #5
I'm interested too, please register me !
Markus

Reply #6
Yep, confirmed.

Reply #7
BrentBXR, USA, Ohio
confirmed :D

Reply #8
for customs purposes make sure to mark as "gift"

Reply #9
And in the USA it's "digital media", just leave an eeprom in the box at all times =)

Reply #10
Woo, sign me up.

Reply #11
[quote author="Sjaak"]
Pisami, FI
[/quote]
/me likes! :)

Reply #12
Go box go! :)
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #13
[quote author="ian"]Go box go! :)[/quote]

You pretty sure you don't want it back? :P

Reply #14
So how does this really really work? I mean even after i leaves your continent say I get it (although whos supposed to send it to me (for example)) shouldn't there be a solid route plan?

I mean I think it would be pretty simple; get the people who are involved addresses and plot them. Then everyone knows who has it and where its going from there right? I mean im confused; im fine its starting X but in the months coming and it comes to me; then what?

Is it not possible to have a solid flight plan? I am more then willing to plot it out; trust me I <3 DP and think this is an awesome idea. I will gratfully put my personal time into ensuring its flight is the cheapest and easiest as it can be.

edit: I think someone needs to be apointed the GPS.. and by that I mean everyone should send it tracked; and everyone should send this one person the tracking info.. so this one person is in charge of overseeing its whole flight.. it seems reasonable to me. only becuase i hope the items in it are worth more then a simple digikey order.. I know what I put in the box will 20x what I take (i mean an AVR vs FPGA style).