Skip to main content
Topic: MCP2200 breakout board free pcb build (Read 2290 times) previous topic - next topic

MCP2200 breakout board free pcb build

Hi,

Just build my MCP2200 board and I am using it for RS485 communication with automatic TX switchover (half duplex bus).

I added a p-channel mosfet to switch the transceiver from receive to send when a low signal is on the uart TX (it goes to GND when sending). Works great and no software is required on the PC for working with RS485. Well, it probably should listen if there is communication on the bus and only send if there is not, but it can be implemented in hardware as well.

Tested it with my PIC on RS485 with ds30loader, could easily flash the PIC! ds30loader is modified to work with RS485, so it uses a TX_Enable line. ;)

Best regards.
Web platform todo: bluetooth firmware update, some kind of database, GLCD.
Working: RS485 connection, NTP RTC time sync, I2C for portexpanders, Software PWM with timer interrupt, SPI flash(32mbit)

Re: MCP2200 breakout board free pcb build

Reply #1
Thats got to be the worst image upload site ever. I prolly just got ten viruses clicking on that link.

Reply #2
Cool! I followed a similar approach to soldering the crystal viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3067
Cheers!
Rohit

Reply #3
Hehe so I'm not the only one ;). I ran out of small xtals so I had to improvise. Oh and the RS485 transceiver board in the picture was now replaced by a etched version ;). I can provide eagle files if someone is interested.
Web platform todo: bluetooth firmware update, some kind of database, GLCD.
Working: RS485 connection, NTP RTC time sync, I2C for portexpanders, Software PWM with timer interrupt, SPI flash(32mbit)