Skip to main content
Topic: DIY breadboard modules for rapid prototyping (Read 4539 times) previous topic - next topic

DIY breadboard modules for rapid prototyping

Breadboards are a great tool for prototyping and testing electronics circuits. However, if you are tired of building the same basic circuits time and again on the breadboard for testing every new project, here is something that you could try too. I have made some plug-in modules to make my breadboarding life easier. These modules  serve very common functions that are required in most microcontroller circuits. Their use not only reduces the number of wire connections on breadboard, but also expedites prototyping and makes debugging of the circuit easier.

[attachment=0]

Find more about it at http://embedded-lab.com/blog/?p=3735

Re: DIY breadboard modules for rapid prototyping

Reply #1
Woh woh woh, wait, are you the guy behind embedded-lab.com !?

Also, I never thought of just making small modules for components such as eeproms and bar lights, I always had the idea of simple breakout boards with only the target component on it. Awesome idea ! :P

Reply #2
[quote author="hak8or"]Woh woh woh, wait, are you the guy behind embedded-lab.com !?

[/quote]
Yes, I am. Thanks, hak8or!

- Raj

Reply #3
Why dont you get some proto's PCB'd up? Perhaps you could partner with SEEED like DP and sell your modules with them? Or if you want to lone I would try ITead I hear they are the cheapest for prototyping (I hear they arnt very good for production though, seeed is tried and true in both respects though)

Reply #4
[quote author="raj"][quote author="hak8or"]Woh woh woh, wait, are you the guy behind embedded-lab.com !?

[/quote]
Yes, I am. Thanks, hak8or!

- Raj[/quote]

Oh my gosh! *giggles like a girl*

I used your site last year to get a better understanding of PIC's and ADC's in them! I always thought that your site is absolutely fantastic, and your presentation of the "labs" is very clean and well done. Never thought I would ever converse with the person that is behind the site and labs though, heh.

Keep up the awesome work! :D

Reply #5
Hi raj,
I have made one viewtopic.php?t=3219&p=31582#p31582
Still learning
-Arup

Reply #6
[quote author="BrentBXR"]Why dont you get some proto's PCB'd up? Perhaps you could partner with SEEED like DP and sell your modules with them? Or if you want to lone I would try ITead I hear they are the cheapest for prototyping (I hear they arnt very good for production though, seeed is tried and true in both respects though)[/quote]

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried making PCBs of 18-pin PIC module using ITead, and it turns out really good. Here's a picture of the 18-pin PIC module plugged into a breadboard. I will post more details of it soon.

Reply #7
[quote author="arupbsk"]Hi raj,
I have made one viewtopic.php?t=3219&p=31582#p31582[/quote]
Hi Arup,
Sorry for late response. I just enabled Notify me upon replies by default: option in my account setting. I liked your breakout module for Nokia 3310 LCD.