Red
[ 10 ] (55.6%)
White
[ 2 ] (11.1%)
Yellow
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: August 10, 2009, 06:22:38 pm

Topic: How to order one of these (preorder v3) (Read 21345 times) previous topic - next topic

How to order one of these (preorder v3)

I'm very much on a budget but I'd find one of these useful. I haven't found out where I can order one yet though. Thanks ahead of time.

Re: How to order one of these

Reply #1
I'm about a week away from being done with V3. If I can get 10-15 people to commit, I'll put v3 into production with Seeed.

Express your interest here.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Re: How to order one of these (preorder v3)

Reply #2
If it's within a similar price range, and a complete populated board, I'm in for one.

Cheers!

Reply #3
Yes, I plan to setup a preorder of the assembled v3 hardware for $30/shipped worldwide.  The SSOP PIC is widely available, so leadtime is 3 weeks after the preorder ends (but should be closer to 10 days).

The V3 PCB is slightly smaller, has 1 less part, and the SSOP PIC is a few cents less expensive, so it might be ever so slightly cheaper already, but only by five cents or so. If there were a lot of interest (80+ early commitments) I might be able to negotiate a volume discount and lower the price more.

I'd really like 10 firm commitments before I put the deposit on a preorder. I also plan to do a preorder for my first monthly project in September, and I don't want to have a bunch of unsold Bus Pirates to contend with.

Anyone who'd like in on a preorder of Bus Pirate v3 can post a comment in this thread. I'll reply here when I setup the preorder.

You can also sign up to be notified here.

Reply #4
I'd have one! One can never have enough bus pirates... lol

Reply #5
For €30,- shipped count me in!!!

I already have a parrot, so i only need a (bus)Pirate LOL

Reply #6
yeah for about the same price as the old one why not.

it would be nice to know that the pics were the newer revisions if possible.

Reply #7
I'd go in for a v3 preorder.

Reply #8
i may go with V3 (still waiting on 2 XD but i got money) if you cant get enugh people to commit ill grab a newer one
the most powerful tool in the hackers arsenal is social engineering ... a computer is only as secure as the person using it ... trick the person .. trick the computer
personal quote BiOzZ 2009

Reply #9
Thanks Ian, I'm definitely in for a v3 pre-order.

Reply #10
I am all in. Ready to order.

Reply #11
I think I should be able to do this. It'd be very useful for a few future projects.

Reply #12
I will purchase one. I missed out on the last preorder.

Reply #13
Thank you all for your interest in the Bus Pirate v3. The PCBs for v3 arrived yesterday. I stuffed and tested them, they passed the self-test without any errors. Pictures below.

As far as a timeframe: With the number of sign-ups so far, I'm reasonably sure we can make the minimum order. The v3 preorder will probably start as soon as Hack a Day's Bus Pirate v2go orders ship. I'm trying to get an update on this now.

If you haven't already, please add your e-mail to the v3 preorder notification sign up form (*now with flowers). This will help me get an idea of the overall interest.

Reply #14
Will the final pcb be green or black?
(black is better:-)