Skip to main content
Topic: Graffiti wall (Read 2396 times) previous topic - next topic

Graffiti wall

I think the graffiti wall software for the web server on a business card was a really under rated project ;) I still have the daft punk table flashing user contributed animations on my wall. There was a lot of fantastic animation work, which you can view on the google app site.

I thought initially, "what's the worst people can do with 5x5 pixels?" Swearing I was ready for, it's graffiti after all... Swastikas, dude, and lots of them. What's worse, the neighbors can see it through the windows. I don't want the neighbors to look in and think I have some kind of electronic Nazi wall. I promptly added a filter for that sequence at the hardware level, and wrote a javascript client that does search and destroy for that pattern, and sequences including n*g and f*g. Other than those three things, every thing else on the wall I can live with.

The point of this message is to remind me to upload the latest updated graffiti wall firmware and source here or in the SVN.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Re: Graffiti wall

Reply #1
ok going from memory here. but my biggest issue with the graffiti wall was the fact that you didnt use the webserver for much. with the right code development i dont see why the submit webpage etc couldnt live on the webserver.

from memory all the webserver code did was read the files from an external website and then display them. but i could have got it wrong.

When i first saw the graffiti wall project because the lighting project has a 64 channel controller based on the led driver chip. so with some small mods i was hoping to have a web front end to the 64 channel board. but as with alot of my projects i moved on as im no good at coding. still interested though

Reply #2
Yeah, it's a pull data system. Google apps can handle the flood of users that came from a Hack a Day article, the web server can handle 1, maybe 2.

Reply #3
I moved Dave's awesome build to its own thread.