Skip to main content
Topic: Command mode looses packages? (Read 2462 times) previous topic - next topic

Command mode looses packages?

Hey guys,
I just recieved my Twatch from Seed via Watterott and I think it's a fun device.

I dont care much about the twitter client as I'd rather like to display incoming phone calls. So I tried messing around with netcat and sending some commands:

For clearing the screen I do this:
Code: [Select]
echo -en "376130" | nc 192.168.178.59 1337

And I did this for writing a message:
Code: [Select]
echo -en "376110 narf" | nc 192.168.178.59 1337

Sometimes it works the first time, but sometimes I have to send the command up to ten times until the display is being updated. The green LED on RJ45 connector flashes everytime I send the command, so I'm sure the packet reach their destination.

Also, is there a way to completely turn of the twitter mode? I just ask because that error message "Error, waiting 5min" keeps reappearing all the time. Even is the cursor is set to pos1.

Thanks for your help!
Dirk

Re: Command mode looses packages?

Reply #1
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the report, I'm sorry about the problem with the #twatch.

Have you done the firmware update to v0e? Twitter changed the feed and I made a new firmware to match. Maybe the error mode is not responsive to your commands, I've never tried the 1337 interface in those conditions.

The Twitter mode should end as soon as you set the cursor to the first position. Just checking because it's been a few years since I wrote the code, but that appears to be correct:
http://code.google.com/p/dangerous-prot ... rver.c#176

I have never had a report of a problem with dropped packets, but I have never tried the method you are using :) It looks like you are on a GNU type OS, I'm not sure what to recommend for that. On windows I use a utility called Hercules that is an easy and reliable way to test network devices:
http://www.hw-group.com/products/hercules/index_en.html
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
Hi Ian, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Don't get my first post wrong - the twatch is awesome, inexpensive and I've been searching for something like that for years. I've updated it to v0e and the client is now working.

Also it seems that I tried to enter the matrix orbital mode the wrong way (FE 48) or simply (FE 01). The only way it works for me is: FE 47 01 01
With your suggested tool I also don't experience packet loss, so I guess it has to be that embedded netcat of busybox.

So after all everything's fine :) Thanks!

Reply #3
Hi Ian, thanks a lot for your reply :)

Don't get my first post wrong -

I'm glad you got it going. Thanks for the update :)

Nothing taken the wrong way. Sorry for my delayed reply, we're been doing a bunch of site upgrades this weekend.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.