Topic: MMA7455L Free PCB Build (Read 3618 times) previous topic - next topic

MMA7455L Free PCB Build

[attachment=0]
[attachment=5]
[attachment=4]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]

Turned out pretty awesome and they work great. Used an overhead transparency as a stencil. Thanks, Ian. :)

Re: MMA7455L Free PCB Build

Reply #1
[attachment=0]

Reply #2
Nice job, I really like the transparency as a stencil.Very clean build. Another PCB code is on the way via PM.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #3
Thanks. Yeah, I do a bit of prototyping at work and wanted a simple way to hand load the MMA7455L and Venus FLPx634 GPS chips (the other cut out). I'm using 6 or 7 year old solder paste that has not been kept refrigerated. Bought a few tubs and forgot about them, then just kept using it as is. Never had a problem with it. These two breakouts will be used to help me prototype another design floating around in my head. :)

Reply #4
Nice job with the stencil. I'd love a tutorial with good pics on how you made the stencils. Did you use a scalpel to cut out slots for pads? It doesn't seem like the pads for the accelerometer were individually cut.
Cheers!
Rohit

Reply #5
I have on of these boards, but couldn't assemble it yet because I don't have the IC yet. I'll try to get a stencil by laser cutting an overhead transparency once I acquire the IC.

Reply #6
Yeah, just using a scalpel to cut a rectangle. Works great, have done close to 40 or so of these accelerometers and GPS's with it.