Skip to main content
Topic: HAKKO (907ESD) and SOLOMON (SL-10/30) soldering iron driver (Read 642004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: HAKKO (907ESD) and SOLOMON (SL-10/30) soldering iron dri

Reply #585
[quote author="neslekkim"]hehe, first I have to understand this one.. so far I have only soldered components, and tried to understand your explanations when you have answered my questions.
I want to learn the principals of it, and see how it actually works, and I want to create an PCB for smd instead, but my first stumbling steps in Eagle are not so promising :)[/quote]

You do not have to do it in eagle :D (I didn't), and if you read the thread from the beginning you'll figure out how it works :D

Reply #586
if one wanna make a modular one it's a workable thing, the problem is price, this was a dirt cheap solution if you have a 24VAC transformer to get to drive 10$ soldering iron .. super cheap, super simple.. firmware is nothing fancy, simple pid control and that's it, ugly menu system (I actually hoped someone would redesign that part but..) ..

anyhow, you can do
 - motherboard with bus connector
 - one (or many) soldering iron boards sitting on the bus

But I do not like the idea, it will get big and expensive ...

Next generation should be able to do
 - both DC and AC driving of the iron (this generation already does this, only the DP's version does not, mine, original version does)
 - When driving with DC - drive with DC and not PWM (this is new)
 - Ability to boost DC voltage (so that can be powered from car 12V adapter or cheap 19V laptop adapter .. basically 12-30VDC input
 - Ability to run iron with separate sensor RTD and TC (this we have already)
 - Ability to run iron with 3 wire (RTC/TC + Heater with a common wire) - This we need to support JBC type tips
 - Ability to run iron with 2 wire where resistance of the heater is the "sense" - This is for e.g. PACE TD100 tips
 - Ability to run iron with 2 wire where heater is also TC - this is for e.g. this HAKKO T12
 - sleep and boost functions (we already have this)

Now, if we also add a batch mode with thermal profile we can drive a hot plate / reflow oven with the same electronics, but this is really just a firmware issue and question of LCD choice (you want to have GFX lcd when you do reflow stuff :D )

I don't really care to make this (I have enough soldering irons at home and they all work better then I need them and I will be making dedicated hot plate + toaster oven driver soon) but I can help if anyone will be making one

Reply #587
For my self, I have hot air (atten 858d+), hakko fx888d, hakko fx951(non-working clone), the dc-controller with two hakko 907 pencils, so I also have enough, but for some reason this kind of thing is interresting to learn about, temperaturecontrol etc.
I have temperaturecontrolled fridge for my beer, planned to control an freezer, had ideas about reprogramming my beerboiler so I could program profiles and do logging in an better way.
And in all this, an solderstation controller does all of it, in an better way, and makes everthing kinda easier to experiment with and learn how to do this kind of stuff.
I have read lot of these threads, but I'm going to start again, and follow the schemas so it will make more sense.

Reply #588
[quote author="arhi"][quote author="neslekkim"]hehe, first I have to understand this one.. so far I have only soldered components, and tried to understand your explanations when you have answered my questions.
I want to learn the principals of it, and see how it actually works, and I want to create an PCB for smd instead, but my first stumbling steps in Eagle are not so promising :)[/quote]

You do not have to do it in eagle :D (I didn't), and if you read the thread from the beginning you'll figure out how it works :D[/quote]

If I use Eagle,KiCad, Designspark etc, I don't think it matters, the pcb routing part is kinda strange experience, the people who created this stuff did newer try an normal dravingprogram it seems (Well, I havent tested KiCad so maybe that one is better in that aspect, but I doubt it)

Reply #590
yes ofcourse ;), what I experienced was that when I routed with Net in eagle, i suddenly got lot of strange bends on the traces, I didn't yet find a way how to move the polygonpoints to get the bends and corners in correct place. But I guess time will make me find out.

Reply #591
Here is the other schematics that I found for T12

Reply #592
In the last picture the diode D1 is used to limit the voltage on the input of LM358 to 0.7V, so the zener in my schematic should work

Reply #593
I have some news. I can't confirm but I have information that the T12 tips have a N type thermocouple.

And here is another scheme

Reply #594
hi
Anyone can give me the debounce autorepeat firmware? i have also this problem, the station works well but every time that restart it displays "SELECT SENSOR CUSTOM".i used a hakko 907.
If i press reset button all is ok,it displays "target 5" and "current 18".what can i do?

Reply #595
I have posted my changes to arhi's code in this thread. You can find it here:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2457&start=495#p41587

A link to Arhi's source can be found in the first post of this thread. Just replace the two files from above into the source below and compile.

Regarding the driver going into calibration mode, it turns out this was a bug caused by the low pass filter for the temperature amplifier-- I put in the filter, arhi built his without filtering. Long story short was that firmware was checking amplifier value before it had a chance to settle, determined it was out of bounds and started the calibration routine. You can read about it here:

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2457&start=480#p41234

Arhi made changes to the firmware to fix this issue. I take it you built the board with low pass filtering. Which firmware are you using?

Reply #596
thanks for your reply. i built the trought all version with "r34 firmware button". is ther anything wrong? I'm Italian and I can not follow the thread without errors :-(

Reply #597
is the sources in sourcecontrol somewhere?, git, googlecode, etc?

Reply #598
[quote author="neslekkim"]is the sources in sourcecontrol somewhere?, git, googlecode, etc?[/quote]

I'm not a big google fan so if you look at the first post you will see that it's moved to sourceforge

that goes here: http://sid.crsndoo.com/ (really a sourceforge project page)

you click on "get sources" and it sends you to http://sourceforge.net/scm/?type=svn&group_id=776771

to dl code via svn
Code: [Select]
svn co https://arhimed-sid.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/arhimed-sid arhimed-sid

to browse: http://arhimed-sid.svn.sourceforge.net/ ... ID_GEN4.X/

Reply #599
ok, sourceforge doesn't seem to respond..