Skip to main content
Topic: HAKKO (907ESD) and SOLOMON (SL-10/30) soldering iron driver (Read 642004 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: HAKKO (907ESD) and SOLOMON (SL-10/30) soldering iron dri

Reply #555
I have modified the schematic for the Hakko T12 tip.

Do you think it can work?

Reply #556
[quote author="diogoc"]I have modified the schematic for the Hakko T12 tip.

Do you think it can work?[/quote]

have no clue.. :) do you have a original SID PCB.. I think you can plug in tihs analog front end and test it out. There is a jumper SEN_SELECT next to the USB.. the middle pin is connected to the ADC of the microcontroller, or the TEMPERATURE PIN.. so you could just hook any front end there...
best regards FIlip.

Reply #557
[quote author="diogoc"]I have modified the schematic for the Hakko T12 tip.

not like this it won't work

when you turn on Q1 you will have 24V on the heater+ so 24V on R9, zener will cut it to 5V but not really best solution, not to mention everything will go to hell if R9 dies.

does 8495 has cold joint compensation?

Reply #558
[quote author="arhi"][quote author="diogoc"]I have modified the schematic for the Hakko T12 tip.

not like this it won't work[/quote]

Why it won't work?

Reply #559
well it's bit more complex then that ..

1. i do not believe there's a way that those 2 wires are in the same time Ktype tc and heater, it's either not a ktype or there's a third wire
2. i do not like at all the R9 D6 combo, I'd add another fet there that would be open when Q1 is closed

Reply #560
[quote author="arhi"][quote author="diogoc"]I have modified the schematic for the Hakko T12 tip.

not like this it won't work

when you turn on Q1 you will have 24V on the heater+ so 24V on R9, zener will cut it to 5V but not really best solution, not to mention everything will go to hell if R9 dies.

does 8495 has cold joint compensation?[/quote]

yes 8495 have cold joint compensation.
I have some doubts about the zener. The R9 have 24V-5v= 19V so it will dissipate 26mW, it is no much for a 1/4W resistor.
The AD8495 could have 25V on its inputs so the zener is only for precaution, but I can reduce the 24V for the heather and remove the zener

Reply #561
It is possible that the tip dont have a K type thermocouple, but the AD8495 helps because it amplify the TC voltage and do cold junction compensation. Then in the firmware adapts the voltages values to the real temperature

Reply #563
[quote author="arhi"]$13, check the link for example. check out PACE for details

http://www.pacedirect.co.uk/faqs.php[/quote]

Hm?  One or two dollars extra to get a diamond coated extra super long life tip sounds like a no-brainer to me.  :-)

Reply #564
I have to test all when I get the T12 tip.
The first thing is to try to find out the type of the TC or its uV/ºC

do you said that you have a fm-2028 clone handle, you ever tried to measure the voltage of its TC?

Reply #565
[quote author="diogoc"]I have to test all when I get the T12 tip.
The first thing is to try to find out the type of the TC or its uV/ºC

do you said that you have a fm-2028 clone handle, you ever tried to measure the voltage of its TC?[/quote]

Sorry for butting in, but, how do you know it uses a TC as a temperature sensor? this is the bassis for your whole circuit, and if it is not the sensor they use, your circuit simply won't work...
best regards FIlip.

Reply #566
[quote author="arakis"]Sorry for butting in, but, how do you know it uses a TC as a temperature sensor? this is the bassis for your whole circuit, and if it is not the sensor they use, your circuit simply won't work...[/quote]

I'm not sure that it uses a TC, but I see some schematics, inclusive commercial drivers for the T12 tips and they are based on TC basis.

thinking about it really does not make much sense to use a thermistor as its resistance varies with temperature and so the entire heater resistance also varied

But as I said I have to test that when I get the T12 tip

Reply #567
can you share the shematics here, I'd love to see them..
best regards FIlip.

Reply #568
yes the T12 schematic I seen also looks like it's a type of thermocouple .. but since it's same 2 wires as heater then it's probably the heater that's part of it .. usually 2 wire tip assemblies use heater resistance to measure the temperature (as heater wire changes resistance with temperature)

Reply #569
One of them is on the previous page.
The other I dont have it right now but I post it later