Skip to main content
Topic: Change to Twitter, Twatch no longer working? (Read 30540 times) previous topic - next topic

Change to Twitter, Twatch no longer working?

I've not used my twatch for a while but I turned it on today to find that it cannot connect.  I believe the page trends/current.json which I think it tries to get information from no longer exists/has been changed.

But tbh I don't understand the programming of this at all.

Does anyone know what it should now point to? or have an updated firmware? the last updated firmware I can see in the google code page is from 2009

Re: Change to Twitter, Twatch no longer working?

Reply #1
We noted this last friday. A new firmware is on the way as soon as we stress test it a bit more.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
Thats great, thank you very much :) and thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry if I missed a post about the subject anywhere, I was just worried I was going to have to learn some programming for this, I think my head would explode what with everything else I'm "supposed" to be learning at the moment LOL ;)

Reply #3
This firmware tested for 48 hours without problems. I released a full package and will post about it shortly, but here is just the firmware. Upgrade instructions are here:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Net ... _procedure

Thanks for reporting on the bug!

Reply #4
I did the update and appear to get tweets now, however, I am also getting white pixels in the last two lines of the screen.
is there going to be a fix for that soon??
Or, did I do something wrong???

MikkeSr39

Reply #5
Hi Mike,

I haven't had this problem on my #twatch. The only change I made to the firmware was the Twitter feed address as described here:
http://dangerousprototypes.com/2011/05/ ... pdate-v0e/

Is it possible you can post a picture?

Reply #6
don't know  how to add an image, I just took a picture and can't figure out how to post it !!! I tried adding it as an attachment but it says it's the wrong type of attachment. not sure how to do it as an image,sorry.

Reply #7
Sorry about that, you can email it to me at ian@ this site.

Reply #8
Sent image via email, hope I got it to the right address.

MikeSr39

Reply #9
Thanks. I see, that is a problem. I will do some testing and try to prepare an alternate firmware for you.

Is this a new #twatch, or did it work previously?

Reply #10
worked properly before the changes that made it not work.
as an aside, the white pixels seem to move back and forth on the lines some, don't know if that is any help or not. They move to the left and then back again.

MikeSr39

Reply #11
Here are two alternate #twatch firmwares. One uses slower updates, it should probably help. The other uses faster updates, it will probably be worse.

Due to the limited number of updates possible with the #twatch, my suggestion is to try the slow update first. If it does now work, then maybe test with the fast version.

Please let me know if this helps.

Reply #12
tried slow version and it didn't work, then tried fast version and it still didn't work.
I still have the white pixels in the bottom two lines. information appears to be scrolling by and at the very left hand side I can read it about one pixel at a time but that is all.(One digit???)
Sorry to be all this trouble,but, I really like the unit.

MikeSr39

Reply #13
FYI don't know if this makes any difference but the bottom two lines, the 4 digits to the left on each line are clear and I can read information there, but the rest to the right are filled with white pixels(digits???) Letters can be seen in the background moving along but are almost impossible to read.

Reply #14
I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions. This is the only upgrade related problem reported so far, I'm guessing maybe there is a hardware problem. Please contact Seeed Studio, they can arrange a replacement #twatch. Please keep in mind that the new #twatch will also need to be upgraded, but hopefully without the problems you experienced :)