Skip to main content
Topic: Bus Blaster v2 is shipping now! (Read 27319 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bus Blaster v2 is shipping now!

Reply #15
Hello,

interested in getting a bus blaster I checked at seeeds it says V2 is it 2.5?
I see there is hardware version 4 is there a eta for this at seeeds?

thank you
regards,
Cosmin

Reply #16
v2.5 is a small update from v2, but mostly identical.

A v4 prototype is in the works, but it could be years before it is done. I have not even assembled the v3 prototype yet.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #17
I would like to start debuging a lpc1768 and a maple. is the Bus Blaster for what I need?

Reply #18
It could probably do that, but if you've never done it before I'd recommend a more user-friendly combo from the device manufacturer or dev-board maker.

Reply #19
it can debug a stm32f103 in keil uvision 4? i want yes, but i dont know if yes?

Reply #20
It works with CooCox and STM32F103. I didn't manage to make it work with Keil 4. It might work, it's just that I was unable to make it run with it. Keil Uvision4 that I have supports few devices and I was unable to run BusBlaster2 as any of them. It might be possible, it's just that I didn't know how :(

Anyhow I moved to CooCox, it's 100% free, works with BusBlaster2 perfectly (just as well as with ST-Link and many other debuggers) but if you figure out how to make BusBlaster2 run with Keil, please share

any ETA on V3?

Reply #21
SEED said the current ones they have are V2.5, but didn't know when V3 would be ready...

Reply #22
afaik v3 is still under heavy development, no pcb nor concept are known to public :( (if there's even v3 in development) ... I know some ideas were floating around, larger fpga, more ram etc etc .. I was even routing for virtex6 or something powerful as that but I never heard a peep from DP ... if they are working on the new version, they are keeping quiet :(

Reply #23
There is a project page on the Idea stage Wiki.....http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Mat ... Blaster_v3
BP v3 and BP v4 free PCBs are still available in the free pcb drawer...
best regards FIlip.

thought V3 was basically moving connectors?

Reply #25
So it'll fit into a case more easily?

V4 is the redesign w/ bigger buffers, etc.
It'd be nice if it were compatible w/ the segger j-link but I doubt that's possible because that uses a xilinx fpga (though the fleabay cloners have done a good job copying it :-)

Reply #26
V3 is only moving connectors and modifying one trace. V4 is a redesign. Neither is close to going into production at this time, though v3 is complete and it looks like v4 would be complete if I got off my [s:]busy[/s:] lazy butt and gave Skot the files I promised.

There is no secret work on the Logic Sniffer, it would certainly be done in public.