Skip to main content
Topic: OLS client 0.9.4 RC2 (Read 17856 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: OLS client 0.9.4 RC2

Reply #15
Yes! That fixed the problem. Nice one, jawi, thanks.

Reply #16
Note to self: fix issue #36 somewhere soon...
when good software is not an alternative...

Reply #17
Hm, not able to download it - both IE anf FFox say "untrusted site" ..M.

Reply #18
@miro: no worries, you can temporarily trust that machine, its my server at home, which I'm too lazy to buy/set up an official certificate for...

Reply #19
@jawi: I am a dog and my master has told me not to tackle the settings on his machine..M.

Reply #20
The application fails to start. My platform: Win7, 64bit, no felix-cache folder.
I'm attaching the complete log as a txt file.

Code: [Select]
Java information: Sun Microsystems Inc. v1.6.0_21 
Host information: Windows 7, 6.1 (amd64)
Stack trace:
-----
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/lxtreme/ols/api/data/project/ProjectVisitor
        at nl.lxtreme.ols.client.Host.initialize(Host.java:233)
        at nl.lxtreme.ols.client.Activator$2.run(Activator.java:145)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: nl.lxtreme.ols.api.data.project.ProjectVisitor not found by nl.lxtreme.ols.api [21]
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:787)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$400(ModuleImpl.java:71)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1768)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.getClassByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:645)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.resolver.WireImpl.getClass(WireImpl.java:99)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.searchImports(ModuleImpl.java:1390)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:722)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.

Reply #21
@Neganur: I just tested it with my own Win7 64-bit, and it happens to run just fine. I've heard that Win7 is a bit picky regarding its security settings, wouldn't that be a possible cause for your problem?

Otherwise: seen from the provided stacktrace, it appears some plugins aren't found. Have you extracted everything from the ZIP-file?

HtH

Reply #22
Hey Jawi, thanks for your reply.

I'll have to check up on security settings, although I did start the application with admin rights.
0.9.3.1 runs fine still, btw.

Yes, I extracted all of the archive. Is the hosted zip file complete? Could the problem be PATH related?

Two errors caught my eye though while starting 0.9.3.1:

First:
[17/04/11 17:19:25 - ERROR -  org.apache.felix.configadmin]: Cannot use factory configuration org.apache.felix.fileinstall for [org.osgi.service.cm.ManagedServiceFactory, id=23, bundle=32]: Configuration bound to bundle file:/C:/Users/Master%20Lou/Application%20Installers/Logic%20Sniffer/ols-0.9.3.
1/ols-0.9.3.1/bin/org.apache.felix.fileinstall-3.1.2.jar

I extracted the folder onto the destop. Why would it look for a configuration bound to a different directory? ( /Application Installers/  is the place I saved the archive)

second:
ERROR: Error starting file:/C:/Users/Master%20Lou/Desktop/ols-0.9.4-rc2/plugins/org.rxtx-2.2.0-9.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.rxtx [107].)

Why would it look into the folder of 0.9.4 (which also is located on the desktop)?
Granted this is the old client, but I don't understand why java looks into other directories. This may be where my problem is. Anything I could do to provide more data? Is this relevant at all?

Is there anything I'm doing totally wrong? Is anyone else testing the software on Win7?
Also, is this the right place to post this. I'd happily use the test charter if I could start the software :o

dank u wel!

Reply #23
From the additional information you've provided, the only thing I can think of is that both your 0.9.3.1 and 0.9.4 installations share the same file store (the 'felix-cache' folder). The current client creates that folder in the location where it is started from (the current working directory). Have you created shortcuts to the 'run.bat' files for the different installations? Is there a 'felix-cache' folder located along with the shortcuts? If so, does the problem resolve when you delete this folder?

Reply #24
I had shortcuts to the run.bat to both installations on the desktop.
There was no felix-cache for/in the 0.9.4 folder but in the 0.9.3.1 folder. Deleting the folder did not resolve the problem, so eventally I did end up deleting all the folders and downloaded the 0.9.4 RC2 zip archive again and the application runs now. Seems it's problematic to have multiple versions installed at the same time?

So yay, I'll start testing the client for Win7 x64.

(the command shell keeps rolling "[17/04/11 21:13:04 - ERROR -                      org.rxtx]..." but I guess that's the rxtx thing we're supposed to ignore for now.)

Ah one thing though, the version claims it's 0.9.1, just making sure I actually got the correct version?

EDIT: Something must be wrong, the same file opens as version 0.9.4-rc2 on a WinXP virtual machine.

Reply #25
Platform tests:

Java information: Sun Microsystems Inc. v1.6.0_24
Host information: Windows 7, 6.1 (amd64)

• Does the installation package extract without errors on the target platform?
  • No errors during extraction with 7-Zip or WinRAR.

• When possible, are the correct icons shown for the program (e.g., on Mac OS)?
  • Not applicable. However, the user can change the icon of a shortcut to the batch file to something pretty.

• Does the OLS client start with the provided scripts (if needed) directly without the need to change any (file and/or directory) attributes?
  • Requires right-click "Run as administrator", otherwise the application will close immediately.

• Does the console (if available) show any exceptions and/or errors?
  • yes: (attaching console.txt)
Code: [Select]
[17/04/11 21:55:01 - INFO  -          nl.lxtreme.ols.client]: BundleEvent STARTED
ERROR: Bundle nl.lxtreme.ols.client [160] EventDispatcher: Error during dispatch. (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/lxtreme/ols/api/data/AcquisitionResult)
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: nl/lxtreme/ols/api/data/AcquisitionResult

[17/04/11 21:55:01 - ERROR -                      org.rxtx]: FrameworkEvent ERROR
org.apache.felix.log.LogException: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.rxtx [155].
        at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.CommPortUtils.enumerateDevices(CommPortUtils.java:90)       
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1889)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1759)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1163)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: nl.lxtreme.ols.util.HostUtils.isMacOS()Z       
        at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.SerialConnectionFactory.<clinit>(SerialConnectionFactory.java:74)

at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.CommPortUtils.enumerateDevices(CommPortUtils.java:90)
        at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.SerialConnectionFactory.<clinit>(SerialConnectionFactory.java:74)
        at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.Activator.start(Activator.java:47)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:629)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1842)
        ... 4 more
        at nl.lxtreme.rxtx.Activator.start(Activator.java:47)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:629)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1842)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1759)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1163)
        at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:264)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Acquisition tests:
  • Does the capture dialog show the correct port(s), or can the desired port to be entered manually?
  • Shows COM1 at first startup. Can manually change to the correct port. Will remember the setting ever after.
  • Does a basic capture with the desired port work? Are the results of this capture as expected?
  • Yes.
Tooling tests
  • Does the protocol decoder/exporter/... start properly, showing its configuration dialog?
  • The only tool that starts it's configuration dialog is the UART analyser.
    Several tools are displayed twice (attaching tools.png)
User interface/usability tests
Menu items double: File->Export... (attaching export_menu.png)

That's it for now. I'll think of how I can test all the channels with proper data, timings and different triggers etc in a systematic way. My eyes are bleeding :)

Reply #26
There was indeed an old 0.9.1 version hidden away in a folder somewhere else...

Apparently I had kept several older versions of the ols client, 0.8.1, 0.8.5, 0.9.0 etc. Somehow these folders caused those errors. This is really messy. I strongly suggest anyone with Win7 to do a very careful search for old folders, especially the "felix-cache" folder in C:WindowsSystem32 (or wherever your %SystemDrive% is)

After deleting it, all my problems were resolved. No more errors in the console either.

Reply #27
@Neganur: good to hear it is finally resolved!

I think all of this is due to GitHub issue #36, which I fixed yesterday (also for the 0.9.4). Hopefully this will solve this issue once and for all, and make new installations less painful on Windows platforms...

Again, thanks for the effort you put into it, and for the testing!