Skip to main content
Topic: Firmware with backlight enabled at start (Read 15326 times) previous topic - next topic

Firmware with backlight enabled at start

This is an experimental firmware with the backlight configured to be on at startup.

I don't have a #twatch from Seeed yet, so I don't know if this will cause a bounce in power that resets the LCD, or other problems.

Use entirely at your own risk, yada yada. The #twatch has a limited number of upgrade cycles (~100) and this update will use at least one. Enabling the backlight uses additional current that will make the power supply run hotter, be careful with the supply voltage, and never run the #twatch unattended.

This also includes an update to the TCPIP config settings so that the host name appears as '#twatch'.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Re: Firmware with backlight enabled at start

Reply #1
Has anyone tried this? Can you verify that it works with the Seeed LCD?

Reply #2
I just got a Seeed #twatch and tested this firmware. It works fine for me.

Reply #3
i saw the article on the blog site. This finally made me get off my bum and upload the firmware.

it worked fine. except the link to the firmware in the article doesnt work. looks like a typo.

now if only the bootloader got a dhcp address and then displayed it. it would mean i dont have to reip my laptop to upload the firmware