Skip to main content
Topic: Silverlight on my Webserver! (Read 6284 times) previous topic - next topic

Silverlight on my Webserver!

I was looking for a bit more power then I could find in just javascript and HTML, so I tried to make a little site in Silverlight and it works great, and even better, I can use my good old .NET C# skills to write the code! what makes it so much more powerful!

Some screens to just show off ;)

Re: Silverlight on my Webserver!

Reply #1
And another one ;)

Reply #2
And the Silverlight UI

Reply #3
That looks fantastic!
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #4
[quote author="ian"]
That looks fantastic!
[/quote]

Thanks Ian, hopefully I will have the time to make the interface better and more powerfull, just to fill the gap until your new Webserver comes out!! :)

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.. ;)

Reply #5
I have a web platform here based on a huge pic 33f I could send you a PCB for. I'm not sure it's going to get published because I'm kinda unhappy with the 'free' microchip TCPIP stack license. It's open and 'free', but you can't redistribute the code. For current projects, like the Hack a Day stuff and the Twatch, you just install the microchip stack and then drag in my source code folder and compile. It's not so bad, but it's uncomfortable when I can't release simple modified configuration files because they fall under microchip's license and aren't redistributable.

I'm currently having a long hard look at the AVR line because it has a truly free compiler, and there seems to be a lot of well-established code for it (free bootloaders, TCPIP stacks, etc). This didn't matter much to me before, but now that stuff is for sale it's become a huge pain in the neck to check that everything is in compliance.

Reply #6
[quote author="ian"]
I have a web platform here based on a huge pic 33f I could send you a PCB for. I'm not sure it's going to get published because I'm kinda unhappy with the 'free' microchip TCPIP stack license. It's open and 'free', but you can't redistribute the code. For current projects, like the Hack a Day stuff and the Twatch, you just install the microchip stack and then drag in my source code folder and compile. It's not so bad, but it's uncomfortable when I can't release simple modified configuration files because they fall under microchip's license and aren't redistributable.

I'm currently having a long hard look at the AVR line because it has a truly free compiler, and there seems to be a lot of well-established code for it (free bootloaders, TCPIP stacks, etc). This didn't matter much to me before, but now that stuff is for sale it's become a huge pain in the neck to check that everything is in compliance.
[/quote]

That would be very cool if you could send me a PCB (you mean a real PCB? or Eagle files?)! I would love to try it out!

Reply #7
Yeah, I have a stack of prototype PCBs for it, you'll also need the Eagle files for parts and placement. I've powered it up and connected to the chip, but not yet written a hardware profile and tested the connections. Email me your address.

Reply #8
This looks helpful, maybe I'll release this board after all :)

http://www.opencircuits.com/Bootloader_Development

Reply #9
Hey Ramon, what transistors are you using on the little board you've added to the output pins in your picture :-)  Looks interesting mate , well done !  Any details welcome.....  :-)
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #10
Server Lock-Ups......anyone else seeing the little web server locking up?    If left on it'll lock up at least a couple of times a day.
Did anyone try monitoring the watchdog pin on the PIC or have any suggestions how ro reset the PIC if it craps out?
If all else fails just have a regularly timed reset?
I agree with Ramon too, it'd be nice to see and display the incoming users IP....any thoughts on how to do this welcome.
Myself and a buddy currently have LED's attached to the three spare outputs of the PIC and if you go on line can switch them on and off, thanks to Ramon's stellar efforts in coding.  Be warned now that is is slow to load the page initially!
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)