Skip to main content
Topic: Analog Outputs (Read 13999 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Analog Outputs

Reply #15
I'm not really sure who is the culprit. I'm pretty sure the watchdog will help because no matter who gets stuck, the PIC resets the ENC28J60 on start-up.

The watchdog timer needs to be reset in the main program loop by adding the WDT clear macro, other wise is resets the chip when the timer runs out. The function is something like ClrWdt() (that's for C18 and the PIC 18F, but it might be the same).
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #16
[quote author="ian"]
I'm not really sure who is the culprit. I'm pretty sure the watchdog will help because no matter who gets stuck, the PIC resets the ENC28J60 on start-up.

The watchdog timer needs to be reset in the main program loop by adding the WDT clear macro, other wise is resets the chip when the timer runs out. The function is something like ClrWdt() (that's for C18 and the PIC 18F, but it might be the same).
[/quote]

Thanks Ian, that works great, the watchdog is on now, I wonder if it helps for the overall stabillity!

b.t.w I ordered the molex MicroSD adapter from mouser.com and it works perfectly! So u can use the Molex one instead of the SparkFun "Hard to Solder" one. ;)
Mouser order nr.: 538-502702-0891

Ramon

Re: Analog Outputs......Watchdog Info and stuff

Reply #17
Thanks Ian and Ramon for the tips.....will try and look into the code a bit this next week....and maybe with luck can get it going with the watchdog like Ramon....
Thanks again guys......Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #18
Great work Ramon! I've been meaning to what you've done here for ages... just not had any time to sit down and do it! Cheers for sharing the code!

Can't wait to see what Ian's got instore for the new HTTP server either! :)

Reply #19
[quote author="bluesign2k"]
Great work Ramon! I've been meaning to what you've done here for ages... just not had any time to sit down and do it! Cheers for sharing the code!

Can't wait to see what Ian's got instore for the new HTTP server either! :)
[/quote]

Thanks, glad I could help!

I can't wait to see what Ian is cookin up too I hope it is cool ;) in the meentime does anybody have a good schematic of a switch board, to connect to the outputs of the WebServer to switch 220V devices on/off?? Something with TRIACS or relays??

Thanks,

Ramon

Reply #20
if you want to switch 240v or similar. go check out the SSR boards at www.doityourselfchristmas.com i have made a few of the things over there and the ssr's will turn on/off and or dimm upto 240v without an issue.

Re: Analog Outputs....Solid State Relays...

Reply #21
Yeah I agree SSR's are good, they may not be appropriate for all functions but are generally good.....depending on what you want to do we may be able to use just plain old MOSFETS (assuming it's DC you want to switch of course....)
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)

Reply #22
Server Lock-Ups......anyone else seeing the little web server locking up?    If left on it'll lock up at least a couple of times a day.
Did anyone try monitoring the watchdog pin on the PIC or have any suggestions how ro reset the PIC if it craps out?
If all else fails just have a regularly timed reset?
I agree with Ramon too, it'd be nice to see and display the incoming users IP....any thoughts on how to do this welcome.
Myself and a buddy currently have LED's attached to the three spare outputs of the PIC and if you go on line can switch them on and off, thanks to Ramon's stellar efforts in coding.  Be warned now that is is slow to load the page initially!
Dave
Dave (VA7DB)