Skip to main content
Topic: Where to got a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate? (Read 23153 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Re: Where to got a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate?

Reply #30
We looked at the price and I'm gonna order 100 of these. We need to arrange for a male header with no key because the stupid bpv3.5a fiasco. @100 they're 4.80 - what should we charge? I'd like to send a thank you to robots if we manage to sell any. He wrote the initial app for a pittance, and has kept banging away at it since.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #31
[quote author="ian"]The bottom line, I think an eventual update of the Bus Pirate will need a fet and coil for a SMPS, and a way to switch it :)[/quote]
Heheheh, I guess that can be done without too much problem. It can also be used for HVP for AVR maybe. Hmmmm, I'll think about this for a while. :)

Reply #32
So it only costs 480 to get 100 boards completly designed and populated and e-tested? Is that some kind of deal you have with SEEED or can anyone get that price?

Reply #33
It's a pretty simple board with $1-$1.50 BOM in 100s. That's a pretty standard setup/assembly for anywhere I checked, and they also do all our fulfillment.

You can get your project quoted by Seeed, they do accept new products to the propogate service.

Re: Cost of PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate?

Reply #34
[quote author="ian"] @100 they're 4.80 - what should we charge?[/quote]

$7 seems good value to me. I'd certainly buy one at that price for my BP even though I have a couple of PICkits.

Reply #35
[quote author="ian"]The bottom line, I think an eventual update of the Bus Pirate will need a fet and coil for a SMPS, and a way to switch it :)[/quote]
I just finished successfully designing and building a USB board with the MAX1797 configured for 5 V output. It has an integrated FET, so there's no need to add an external one. It has a shutdown input that can be driven directly by a 5 V I/O pin, or if you only have 3.3 V I/O then this chip will still work. It has a Low Battery Indicator input/output that can be looped back into the Shutdown input, so you can feed 3.3 V logic to the LBI, attach a pull-up to the LBO-to-SHDN node, and you're good to go. I'm assuming that you only need 5 V from the SMPS.

There are two variations of the MAX1797 (MAX1796, MAX1795) that carry less current and also cost less.

I used the shielded SMD Abracon ASPI-0428S-220M-T for the power inductor; an alternate is the Sumida CDRH4D28NP-220NC.

Reply #36
I split part of this post to a state of DP 2011 post in the kitbiz forum:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3248

Reply #37
I split this topic as it turned into a new programming adapter development. New topic can be found at viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3458