Skip to main content
Topic: Where to got a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate? (Read 23046 times) previous topic - next topic

Where to got a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate?

Hello,
I would like to know where can I buy a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate? I cannot find it at SeeedStudio depots.

I'm working on something for PicProgrammer and I need to have high voltage (13.xx Volts)  to do tests on chips.

Regards

Re: Where to got a PicProgrammer adapter for BusPirate?

Reply #1
AFAIK it will soon be available. The schematics are in the wiki: http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/Bus ... ng_adapter

You can also use a 12v battery like Wingzer0 did in this topic: http://dangerousprototypes.com/forum/in ... opic=337.0

Reply #2
I got the quote yesterday, we can put an initial batch into production. I'm only going to have 20 made, it is still highly experimental.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #3
Thanks for all,
but I dont really have too much time to dedicate to create a board myself, this is why I wanted to buy it already made.

Regards

Reply #4
Can't you just buy something like the PICkit 2 from Microchip?

Reply #5
[quote author="octal"]
Thanks for all,
but I dont really have too much time to dedicate to create a board myself, this is why I wanted to buy it already made.

Regards
[/quote]

Hooking a battery isn't creating a dedicated board ;)

Reply #6
This board is not tested fully yet (as far as I know) so if you need ASAP, I advise you to buy a PicKit2 or equivalent.

@Ian: When will the experimental batch be available and is it possible for me to get one?

Reply #7
I'm going to send the manufacturing invoice and package today. The lead time is 15days, but it's a pretty simple design and no (little?) testing will be done because it's 100% experimental. Getting one might be tough, if I only make 20 I worry they'll be snapped up by random people who just want to follow along (eg not develop). If I make 100, and there's a flaw or nobody wants it, we could be stuck with 90 broken widgets...

Hey, hey, Linda from Seeed just emailed me while writing this post, I'll order these now :)

Reply #8
@ rsdio  and  @tayken
[quote author="rsdio"]
Can't you just buy something like the PICkit 2 from Microchip?
[/quote]

I have got an ICD2, a PICKit2, PicStart, numerous Jtags, dev boards with onboard programmers for PIC, PIC24/dsPIC, PIC32, 8051, AVR, ... with some additionnal multipurpose programmers ....
this is not THE PROBLEM ;)

I'm working on a nice thing (if it works) for BusPirate PicProgrammer, and I need the adapter board for tests. That's all.
I can mount at home a level adapter and switching voltage stuff (using an ULNxxxx or trans) , but I really don't have too much time to spend on it, I wanted to spend more time on the firmware/software part than on hardware.

Regards

Reply #9
I'll send off the design package today, you should be able to buy one within 3 weeks.

Reply #10
Thanks ian,
but three weeks is too much for me. I hoped that you (or anyone on the forum) has some of them ready to sell one to me. What I'm trying to achieve will be ready before the end of this week I hope.

thanks to everyone.

Regards
Ahmed

Reply #11
Sorry, we don't actually stock or sell anything. Maybe someone on the forum has one though.

Reply #12
Just ordered 20 of these. They'll be ready soon. Pictures attached :)

Reply #13
[quote author="octal"]I'm working on a nice thing (if it works) for BusPirate PicProgrammer, and I need the adapter board for tests. That's all.[/quote]Maybe if you describe this "nice thing" a little more clearly, someone will be motivated to help you out (assuming that anyone even has a spare board - they don't exist yet).

Reply #14
If you have a couple of transistors, resistors, and a regulated power supply the circuit is easily build on a breadboard in about an hour.

This will be much quicker then wait for the postman to arrive...