Skip to main content
Topic: Live UART Monitor - monitoring data in system !! (Read 33 times) previous topic - next topic

Live UART Monitor - monitoring data in system !!

I am attempting to monitor the data that is being sent from an embedded linux device to a peripheral piece of equipment in a system.

Please see attached diagram I have made depicting the normal system connection and how I am thinking I can monitor the data using the bus pirate.

[attachment=0]
My question is whether or not this would be a valid method for monitoring this data communication. I am only interested on what the peripheral device is receiving from the linux device. Assuming this physical monitoring setup is correct, am I correct to think that the UART live monitor macro should allow me to capture this traffic?

Re: Live UART Monitor - monitoring data in system !!

Reply #1
I can't see the attachment, but you should be able to connect MISO to you line you're interested in monitoring and see the output. Be sure you have the baud rate and other settings configured the same as the bus you're tapping.
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.

Reply #2
I am attempting to monitor the data that is being sent from an embedded linux device to a peripheral piece of equipment in a system.

Please see attached diagram I have made depicting the normal system connection and how I am thinking I can monitor the data using the bus pirate.

[attachment=0]
My question is whether or not this would be a valid method for monitoring this data communication. I am only interested on what the peripheral device is receiving from the linux device. Assuming this physical monitoring setup is correct, am I correct to think that the UART live monitor macro should allow me to capture this traffic?

my issue got solved!!

Reply #3
Did you add that spam link?
Got a question? Please ask in the forum for the fastest answers.