Skip to main content
Topic: Weller WX soldering station review (Read 18366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Weller WX soldering station review

Reply #15
Just wanted to say I eventually contacted Weller and they were very nice and provided me with the protocol information.  Now I can communicate directly with my preheater.  If you never figured it out, I'm sure they'd send you the protocol information for the actual WX2.  I now also have a WX2 and would love to have the protocol information if you acquire it.  I'd imagine that because my preheater is supposed to be able to work with the WX2 (I haven't tried yet), the protocol information might be identical.  Let me know if you'd like a copy of what I have.

Thanks.

Reply #16
I just joined the Weller team here at APEX NC, the WX stations can be control via RS232 and the Weller protocols and commands are available, I will try to update related documents and HW needed this week, we sell the RS232 adapter and cable for SERIAL communication using RS232.

Reply #17
[quote author="weller007"]I just joined the Weller team here at APEX NC, the WX stations can be control via RS232 and the Weller protocols and commands are available, I will try to update related documents and HW needed this week, we sell the RS232 adapter and cable for SERIAL communication using RS232.[/quote]
This is great news!  I recently bought the RS232 adapter and cable for the serial communication.  The protocol documentation for the preheater definitely needs updating.  At least the english version does.  I don't think it was properly translated from German or whatever language it was originally in.  I could help with it if you need me to.

I'd love to get the protocol information documentation for the WX2, even if it's the same.  It'd just be a nice thing to have and I'm sure it'd come in handy somewheres along the line.

Am I allowed to publicly post the protocol info for the Weller stuff that I have?  For example, there are people that have asked for the protocol info on the preheater I have.  I've provided it to them but told them I didn't know if they should post it publically.  I wasn't sure if that's something Weller wants floating around on the net or not.  I know there is definitely a small demand for that information and I personally feel if Weller provides that information to their users, it might help the sales a bit.  I know with me personally, I love it when I can communicate with my hardware using my own software.  It's also nice to be able to design hardware that works with other hardware that I own.  It'd allow people to create some nifty projects with their Weller stuff.

Thanks.

Ken

Reply #18
Hi,

You can download the protocol for the RS232 port on the Weller website: http://www.weller-toolsus.com/weller-wx ... -120v.html under "Product support".

I don't know how up-to-date this is, since it doesn't mention my WXP90 iron on the list of the list of recognised devices...

Alexander

Reply #19
Do you have a cabe pinout for the RJ12 to DB9
I only has a RJ with Tx and Rx connected so waiting for a 6P6C to be delivered.

RJ12
Tx -------Rx
Rx--------Tx
Gnd------Gnd
N/C------DTR

What are the serial port settig for the WX Monitor