I was thinking that it would be great to create an open WSN mote project.
This project could use some of the popular low-power chips like MSP430 and some radio chip like CC2420.
Basically I'm thinking about a very cheap clone of some existing mote like MicaZ or TelosB.
IMHO the main assumptions should be:
- As cheap as possible (to be able to build a large WSN without spending a lot of $$$)
- Compatible with TinyOS (it's a very popular system for WSN applications)
- Small sizes
- Ultra low power consumption
- Medium radio range ( for in-home environment rather than throwing motes in a big field)
- Developer friendly (some built-in bootloader would be handy)
- more ?
What do you think about that ?