First of all, congrats on the Bus Pirate, looks pretty cool and awesome :)
Now to the point. I have a Clevo P170EM laptop which got bricked after a bad flash. To recover it I need to flash the BIOS+EC+ME chips which are of the following models:
my guess is that chip a) would be the ME and chip b) the BIOS+EC, but that will need to be confirmed.
So what I need to do is basically read both chips in order to find out how to split the BIOS+EC+ME firmwares accross the chips and reflash them with matching firmwares (at this moment they are not matching). Thus my questions are as follows:
- Does Bus Pirate support those chips?
- Will I be able to read/dump the current firmwares on the above chips?
- Will I be able to flash the BIOS+EC+ME firwmares required to unbrick the laptop?
- Can the above be made onboard as I would prefer not to desolder/solder anything?
- If it cannot be done onboard, will it work if I desolder/solder the chips?
Sorry about all these questions, but just want to make sure I can do this before I buy a Bus Pirate.