Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818215 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4530
@tronix:
Just search the internet you will find a lot. If you own a 3d Printer might be a fast solution.
I selected Aluminium with CNC basic design.
Can you send a picture of your design?

Reply #4531
@tronix: Can you send a picture of your design?

I do not own my personal design and I am still looking on how to make an enclosure for 5.2c with encoder if I like how it works (I hope I do).

The only problem I still did not find time to make my alps Japan encoder work but I will try to make it work by the end of this week.
The design I used was taken from this forum and I do not want to take credit so I will share the original images.

Reply #4532
This is what I have in mind to do with 5.2C hope it helps anyone with ideas.

USB will be on the back and sleep/change tip I have in mind to use a  connector also on the back.
This should help keep the original design and avoid any noise from cables by separating them and makes it easy to swap between 245 and 210 in my case.

All you are seeing in this image will be extra you can still use the original design with 0.96" which will be a little cheaper.

If anyone is on a budget so far on this case idea made me spend over €100, the next step is design concept on a 3D printer, if I like then I will attempt to cut CNC aluminium.

Reply #4533
This is what I have in mind to do with 5.2C hope it helps anyone with ideas.

USB will be on the back and sleep/change tip I have in mind to use a  connector also on the back.
This should help keep the original design and avoid any noise from cables by separating them and makes it easy to swap between 245 and 210 in my case.

All you are seeing in this image will be extra you can still use the original design with 0.96" which will be a little cheaper.

If anyone is on a budget so far on this case idea made me spend over €100, the next step is design concept on a 3D printer, if I like then I will attempt to cut CNC aluminium.

That's basically the ideal setup in my opinion, although I have the usb on the front. I temporarily added the rotary encoder in place of the center button. I still need to finalize the rotary version, after which I can revert this one back to button operation (I love the rotary but this front is too nice for a half baked rotary hack).

I wish there was a cheap option to make this locally, but unfortunately this kind of work is expensive over here.. But I like the quality.

Reply #4534
Bear in mind that the USB connector should not touch the enclosure, if the enclosure is connected to mains earth, because you may create ground loop and sometimes this may damage your PC's USB port. This is especially valid when EARTH and NEUTRAL in the mains connector are tied together on 2-wire domestic power wiring which is common in many countries. It is sometimes even valid for 3-wire domestic wiring when there is a malfunction somewhere. The 2 devices must be connected to same power outlet in order to avoid this to a great extend, but again not entirely.

When front panel is non-conductive, this limitation does not exist because of the USB isolator on front PCB.

Reply #4535
unfortunately this kind of work is expensive over here.. But I like the quality.

That looks very nice and looks well made, I went for a wider design due to airflow since I have in mind to put 14cm silent FAN (LOW RPM).

I do not have in mind to ask someone to do this for me since yes to do one will be super expensive,  I own all it requires to make this for my purpose which may look basic compared to yours.

Your Text font is chemically attached if not how do they do it since it looks nice?

Reply #4536
Bear in mind that the USB connector should not touch the enclosure, if the enclosure is connected to mains earth, because you may create ground loop and sometimes this may damage your PC's USB port.

The USB port I ordered is Marine-grade all plastic which you find in boat panels IP67 rating.
I still do not have this in hands since it is still in transit, I might have this in 2 weeks time.

I selected this type since it is very simple to install (Circle cut).

Reply #4537

Your Text font is chemically attached if not how do they do it since it looks nice?

I believe it's UV cured paint although it looks just like a laster etch. The front panels is made by a company called Schaeffer AG, they do a very very good job. They offer a comprehensive design suite too, including a 3D viewer. So the whole process is very convenient as well.

Reply #4538
I believe it's UV cured paint although it looks just like a laster etch.

Thanks for the info.
I have done a quick design to have a test enclosure for testing.
I am still not sure re square switch on the front if there will be a switch might be circle like yours.

The Oled will have clear tinted perspex for protection on the final aluminium version.

Reply #4539
I would like to use the soldering controller with JBC nano tweezer AN115-A and  nano soldering iron  JBC-NT115-A.  Can I have connected these two (at the same time) to the controller? In other words can I have 2 JBC sockets with  the controller? Or what is the best solution?

Reply #4541
I know  about JBC NASE-2C but price is terribly high. I am looking for a cheaper solution.

Reply #4543
Whoever sent me and assembled set of black boards 5.2C - I want to thank him and let him know that today I received it. I will try it out shortly.

He also used GS8551/GS8552 amplifiers and I will also be able to check their performance.

Thank you again.