Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 817806 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #5145
I was just about quick enough to catch the ST vs HT display error I mentioned. I was almost too late but if you look carefully, you see that on the first second of the video, the temp is still on holder temp (252 C). The display is on ST

https://youtu.be/3uXiYg64tMk
What is the sleep temperature you set and what is the sleep time

Reply #5150
What is the Display Filter for?

Reply #5151
Only for the handle, such as 245 210, not for tip
Modifying only C1 can roughly adjust the temperature to a close temperature. If there is no special forced need, just modify C1.

Reply #5152
It should be a small error, I will fix it as soon as possible

It seems this error sometimes happens when coming out of the menu. Maybe in the background, the timer is already counting down to Sleep when in Menu, but only for the HT/ST indicator on the display?

Reply #5154
Like JBC, the temperature change display in a certain temperature range is shielded

That is actually something I really missed, it makes the display so much less "busy", which I really appreciate. Even the +/- 2 degrees make a huge difference. Thanks for that :-)

It is even the reason why I had my holder temp and sleep temp to 252 and 172 degrees instead of just 250 and 170 degrees. This prevented the constant toggle of the middle digit. No need for that anymore :-)

Reply #5155
Modifying only C1 can roughly adjust the temperature to a close temperature. If there is no special forced need, just modify C1.
Modifying C1 on a profile that has many coefficients (thermocouple or PTC), may produce highly unexpected results, since it is a non-linear polynomial. Just bear in mind. My intention as these coefficients to be changed and saved in windows software, but... as I said several times, I am very short of time and I don't know when this will happen.

Reply #5156
Modifying C1 on a profile that has many coefficients (thermocouple or PTC), may produce highly unexpected results, since it is a non-linear polynomial. Just bear in mind. My intention as these coefficients to be changed and saved in windows software, but... as I said several times, I am very short of time and I don't know when this will happen.
Perhaps, you can list all polynomial values in the case of polynomials. I have not used polynomial handles. Host computer modification is the best method, but I am not familiar with the host computer code.

Reply #5157
I have always used auto, but I haven’t tried on, maybe on is not sleeping, this may need to be tested on the original firmware

I can confirm that the sleep function does work in HOLDER = ON mode in the original FW.

Reply #5158
Modifying C1 on a profile that has many coefficients (thermocouple or PTC), may produce highly unexpected results,
That is not quite right. Changing the first polynomial coefficient will give us a change to the desired value with incorrectness ( it will not follow the exact curve ), but if you fit it to your working temperature point, the errors could be neglected for the closer Temp band. Also, I don't expect a too big difference from one tool to the other. In any case, the results will not be unexpected.

Reply #5159
That is not quite right.

Just the opposite. C1 is the coefficient with power 1. It just provides linear slope, but it may be even negative/opposite direction of what is expected, because it works in tandem with the other coefficients. Although it is true that higher coefficients tend to be much more "aggressive" when changed, the fact that C1 may even be the least signicican of them all in many cases still remains.

The gain, offset and C0 are in fact the parameters that must be considered - these are always linear, and the result is predictable.