Skip to main content
Topic: Really universal soldering controller (Read 818276 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Really universal soldering controller

Reply #4905

I have on hand Thomas  model M42x30 which was extracted from medical faulty hardware and hope it will work fine.

I can't find its power specs under load ( current when clogging the nozzle ) or at least how many Wats is that device? All of us need some info not only for that device but for other vacuum pumps in use also.

Reply #4906
I wish I have such specs but I am not worried since I will do the circuit after tested and check what current it draws under the conditions you mentioned.

It would be nice to make this work from the unisolder 2nd channel and instead of a heater, it will act as a switch to activate the pump when the button is pressed. The question will be if this is possible.

I found a good deal (€199 ex vat) on the DSX80 that should be in stock in 3 days which include Stand, spare nozzles, iron, rod cleaner, 10x spare filters and more. This is Sold as a set part number T0051318399N (SET by Weller Germany).
I cannot share any link since all I have at this stage is an email from my supplier.

Re pump this is what I have:
https://www.part2go.com/lab-equipment/pumps/thomas-vacuum-pump-24v-2950-min-1-m42x30-i-2xl-70060052-tested.html

Reply #4907
Thanks to the Internet Power I found specs:
In case of the pump I selected 3.5AMP should be fine @ 24V.

Do not waste money on New, I do not believe the pump is important any model will work just do not like the idea of 220v.

Motor type Permanent magnet
Nominal voltage 12/24 V DC
Nominal speed 2800 rpm
Current consumption 2.3/1.15 A
Starting current 5.4/2.7 A
Power consumption 28 W
Motor insulation class B
Protection class IP20

Reply #4908
My Unisolder is almost ready and i would like to show you. Design is inspired and adapted from this post.
The area where the acrylic glass (also have it in lighter shade) sits on need to be painted or anodizing black. Because of cost i prefer to paint it by myself.

Reply #4909
The area where the acrylic glass (also have it in lighter shade) sits on need to be painted or anodizing black. Because of cost i prefer to paint it by myself.

How did you glue it there without a distinct glue blobs under the glass? How is it holds there?

I've found that a photo print on acrylic is a thing. The price is high but the glass would be clear in the unshaded areas and it also allows to add marks and labels.

Reply #4910
Thanks to the Internet Power I found specs:
In case of the pump I selected 3.5AMP should be fine @ 24V.

Do not waste money on New, I do not believe the pump is important any model will work just do not like the idea of 220v.

Motor type Permanent magnet
Nominal voltage 12/24 V DC
Nominal speed 2800 rpm
Current consumption 2.3/1.15 A
Starting current 5.4/2.7 A
Power consumption 28 W
The consumption is into specs of the transformer 120W, isn't it a bit noisy with that dc motor when you take power from unisolder 24V, what about temp. readings, are they stable?

Reply #4911
How did you glue it there without a distinct glue blobs under the glass? How is it holds there?

I've found that a photo print on acrylic is a thing. The price is high but the glass would be clear in the unshaded areas and it also allows to add marks and labels.

It is not yet glued, need to paint the background. I wanted to cover the edge area of 2-3mm on the acrylic glass with double-sided adhesive tape in 0,1mm thickness. I think that would be the best option considering the visual aspect an that i can change easily.

Reply #4912
What about temp. readings, are they stable?

I do not have this yet since I am still considering all options.

I found a couple of offers online for the heater by itself as suggested by ' tchleb '  but the price is around €80 - €140 so have no clue if this is worth it to have this approach (DIY).

In another forum, I was suggested other options for who is on a budget, Vacuum pump   Aoyue 933 (€30 +-) was told that work fine with the DSX80 @ 0.8bar suction which is more than enough.

How to put all this together with Unisolder still have to do some experiments but re-solder iron it should work with zero issues as mentioned in previous posts by other members, I do not know if it is possible to use the same PSU of the Unisolder but that is my real target to put everything in 1 case.

All Images are taken from the internet just to give ideas.

Reply #4914
Replace C1, C3, R3.
C1 - 2.2n (222). C3 - 3.3n (332). R3 - 140k.
tested, works perfectly.

X X

X

X
It seems to be based on my sch. It is good that it works for you, but now the filtering capability does not work. I mean, if you remove C1 and BC856B ( for the one channel )it should work also

Reply #4917
if delete components C1 and Q4 BC856B, it works fine.
R3-R8 150k, C3 2.2n

https://youtu.be/loMbJhEpaU0
That's mean your noise level is at some affordable level, the very first schematic maybe also will work for you, but to other users, it could be completely different, isn't it?

Reply #4918
if delete components C1 and Q4 BC856B, it works fine.
R3-R8 150k, C3 2.2n
For better results use the last schematics it will work better and if you don't have strong noise, use only marked with " * " star components and activate software filtering from firmware. If your noise is strong use full sch. and this time make software filtering off -  it will not help you anymore, except you use extra-long connecting cables which can bring extra noise to the board input after sensing circuit, but your case is different. In case you want to use the board you already have ( baihui ) you can transform it easily with a bit more play.

Reply #4919
your scheme Touch Sensing old v1.2 _1 + board style baihui.

I will not change the scheme anymore, works perfectly.

https://youtu.be/JZGQrKDZyhg